Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks optodata.

I rain the dxdiag app and have attached results. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm sure it may to you. I just noted the no problems dialog in the various sections.

I've read the many postings about the AI causing issues for many users. Is it possible a patch may be forthcoming to resolve obvious program wide issue?

Not quite sure how to upload dxdiag.txt document. Will try link...

Thanks for reviewing attach.
UPDATE: After following CL tech support to remove and reinstall the graphics drivers, PD 365 allows me into the program without forcing the AI beta window, but now it crashes during any export, and if it gets through export, crashes when selecting to return to the edit window. AND NOW ColorDirector can be added to that crash list... crashes during export also.

I hadn't had any problems with updates until now, so silly me, I didn't take all of the "backup saving" steps to return to the previous installation. I see there is another update and of course am wondering whether that can drag anymore of the program(s) down. My final thought is "If it isn't working now, what more could happen?" Sad to say CL CS hasn't been much help. Wish I could find awesome experienced user that might have some suggestions. Has anyone updated with no issues?

I've attached current Dxdiag report for anyone to look at.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran new update. Now when I try to open PD 365, "AI Sticker Maker" stops everything. Hard lock up. I have to force app sutdown and start all over again.
Is there a way to remove this broken update so I can continue to use application???
I experienced the same confusion with the May updates. I did go back and read through the "What's New" explanation and followed the directions to find them all in PD365, but when I view it doesn't display the option arrow on the icons to download.
I sent in question to tech support and they responded App Manager was going to be the way to work it.

If I have to download from somewhere in PD I have to sit with a copy of my email and look each pgk up to be sure I review the newest releases. A real pain.

UPDATE:
I finally found one of the LUT effects that were new and I was interested in. No indication anything was new. I just had to start selecting everything and eventually I found the new LUTs. Gonna work great when I want to go through the 37 Mood Stickers or 30 Decoration Stickers or 30 Hand Drawn Stickers.
Cyberlink Corporate has left all independent plugins in the past. Damned shame.
If you want to clean up video download Selur's Hybrid. It's free, it's got a learning curve, but has no equal.
it's powered by Avisynth and Vaporsynth and can do everything from sharpen to comet removal and colors and audio and
deinterlace and inverse telecine and and and...
You can then take your fixed footage and create your final file or DVD in PowerDirector.
May I ask what the family video files are, technically speaking?
Analog to digital tape capture? VCR? Camcorder?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm continuing to work with poor videos and trying everything I can. At times I simply have to stop and take a breath.

The family videos are from old 8mm film, played against a screen and then video recorded screen with video cam. Had to track down old film projector just to play them. I'm probably doing it the hard way, but it is all I know right now.

Thank you for responding. I'm looking at Hybrid now per your suggestion. Thank you again!
I'm not a professional like most users here, but I certainly was looking forward to using their flicker remover, which is part of the new FX360 package. I downloaded trial and all I get is stand alone Titler.

I'm trying to clean up old family videos.

Extremely disappointed.
Quote There was a new release of PowerDirector today, but PhotoDirector was last updated in early Jan. There was also a recent App Manager update (to 4.0.1319.0), but no other apps have been updated recently.

In the case of PhD not opening, that can happen if the database becomes corrupt. Read my response with the links in this discussion.

Thanks Optodata. I used the NewProject zip and it did open PhotoDirector as hoped. I couldn't find my previous project in the screen that opened with Open Project command. Oh well.

I read through all of the links you included and as a newby, it sounds like this is a common issue with PhotoDirector application. I wondering now how safe it is to use on a regular basis? I do Save often to avoid losing projects, but that didn't seem to help in this case.

Thanks again for the help and direction. Appeciate your wisdom.

David
The PowerDirecector 365 Suite updated today and now when I click on PhotoDirector it just spins and spins and finally I get message that it stopped suddenly.

I use my PhotoDirector as much as I do my PowerDirector.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not really, it may slightly change the time for that particular window to populate, especially if you downloaded hundreds of adders, but really won't affect any timeline video processing. It's just one way to clean up the display of items if you rarely use them. Basically, declutter the interface and only present what you use so you don't waste time looking for stuff in the interface.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. You are right about the cleanup. I just wondered about any system advantages. Appreciate the quick response.

David

Not really, it may slightly change the time for that particular window to populate, especially if you downloaded hundreds of adders, but really won't affect any timeline video processing. It's just one way to clean up the display of items if you rarely use them. Basically, declutter the interface and only present what you use so you don't waste time looking for stuff in the interface.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. You are right about the cleanup. I just wondered about any system advantages. Appreciate the quick response.

David
Hi,

I'm not experiencing any processing issues, but ran across the "hide" option when I ended up with multiple resources in various libraries. I realize I clicked downloaded dzn files more than once when I couldn't find what I thought I had downloaded.

I'm wondering if I go through and hide resources I'm not interested in or would not ever use, whether that would assist the cpu processor in possibly speeding up processing or at least lighten the load?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your knowledge.
I apologize for the conflicting information. I've only worked with the program for a short time and definitely do not have a grasp on the many resource locations and other areas that are available. Sometimes the cart gets before the horse as I get carried away in one way or another. Finding access to the many wonderful resources for PD is a bit overwhelming.

Thank you for the help and patience with me. I'm sure that I will have questions in the future that may strain someones patience again, but I do appreciate the help.
I am experiencing the crackling from within PD 365 both when I sample from library location and from the audio track.
I only recorded it from AudioD because I thought that might show you something specific. I have only used the AudioD a couple of times to add a little bass on a couple of sound clips.

The name that shows up from within PD Background music area is "Crisp Afternoon". Because of the problems I was having I deleted clip from track and from library listing. It still shows up there, but it now shows the download arrow rather than it being downloaded. I tried that sample from there and it still cracks. So, I thought I would go out and find it again and try and get a new copy of it but now I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked DZone and Shutterstock with no success. I don't know if it comes as part of the original install of the PD 365 package or where I got it from.

Although you appear to have identified the problem, I will have to begin a new search for a comparable audio file for the gap in the video I'm working on. I will also pay more attention to the volume. I am finding a number of audio files showing up as "clipping" in the wave display.

If you find the original file it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my problem. Greatly appreciated.
Attached is the recording of one of the audio files from DZone that went from working to crackle and low volume after either closing and reopening PowerDirector 365 or rendering preview.

Pls let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.
Thanks for responding. I've never done any of that so I will generate info and send tomorrow. You will have to tell me if video is what you needed. Thanks again.
I've searched and read through early posts regarding crackling with audio files. I don't seem to be using related applications tied to the problem. I also note that files play back nice and clean, but when I reopen PD 365 so many of the audio music background files play with no volume (low) and all crackled up. They are almost entirely downloaded from our DZone location.

Would someone mind explaining for me and is there anything other than converting all of those downloaded files to wav files, which will take a while.

Thank you in advance.

You could place the ripple effect over the whole clip and keyframe each of the 4 parameters starting at the minimum which shows none of the effect. Keyframe the ending just like in the beginning to avoid that ‘jerk’.

Thank you for answer. I will follow up with some more information, and hope you may be able to continue to suggest... I am trying to generate this effect with 4 adjoining photos. I still ran into same problem when I tried to lengthen the first photo and continue onto the next photos.
Is it possible to set markers that I could identify a section, and generate a video for that section and replace those individual photos with video that I could add the effect to? I haven't had any luck identifying how to set an in and out spot, just export that section to create video and import the new video.
Any help or suggestions are deeply appreciated.
I'm trying to "enter" a dream sequence and have been using the "ripple" effect. However it makes an obvious jerk when it starts, rather embarrassing and completely removes the dream mood effect I'm trying to create.

Is there a cleaner method to obtaining the ripple effect over the video? Do they have an 'ease-in' 'ease-out' setting I'm missing?

Love the program and am probably overthinking everything.

Thanks in advance.

David
Optodata, Thank you for the help and example. That is the look I'm going for.
The jump I was talking about was when I placed a png in front of the video. I transitioned from gray to color on the pic and then was in full color by the time it hit video. They were pushed together but still was a blip when going from pic to video. Not sure why.
Will try freeze frame again and see if I can get it smooth.
Thanks again.
I am trying to set a video where it starts out as a freeze frame in gray and then changes to color settings and roll right into motion video. I tried what I thought was the most obvious and took a snap shot of first frame, imported it, keyframed gray to color and then placed at front of video clip. It seems to work but there is a jump from clip to video, which I don't want. I tried minimal overlap, which didn't work either.

I tried freeze frame at start of video, but of course it froze the entire video "following" where I was on the video. I've seen a number of places where a video screen shot starts out gray, goes to color, and then video (motion) continues with video.

Can anyone explain the process to me? I'm using PowerDirector 365.

Thank you in advance. David

No, posts can't be removed by creator. You could edit I guess remove all the text if that makes you happy. I don't believe lack of response is because of a newbie, many on the forum that do respond to many threads may just not use the SlideShow feature much. Many of these canned features always have issue is my experience, I gave up on them years ago, you can see a peculiar slideshow issue here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29091.page#post_box_159330 that makes no sense. Fitting to music and such has had its share of issues too and discussed in the forums. For your particular issue, I'm thinking you can use the "Customize" button and correct the shortcomings manually that you notice.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the response. I was a bit disappointed when I checked back and there were no responses. I do, however, COMPLETELY understand your response about the templates. After experiencing many of the issues you have mentioned, I have had very little success working with a couple different templates and can really relate to all of the extra "work" just to get it to show as desired. For the record, I've deleted and restarted my first project three times so far trying different templates. It is much easier, at least it seems so, to just manually set up the movement and music cue's.

I came from using Adobe Premier Pro--to Xara/Magix--to Corel Video Studio. Obviously Corel wasn't designed to offer as much film manipulation as Premier and Magix. Definitely more of a out of the box consumer product. I am extremely excited about many of the settings and options that I was missing and now have found in PowerDirector at a great price. Thanks again for the information.
Go to: