Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hiding resources in libraries...does it help cpu processing
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm not experiencing any processing issues, but ran across the "hide" option when I ended up with multiple resources in various libraries. I realize I clicked downloaded dzn files more than once when I couldn't find what I thought I had downloaded.

I'm wondering if I go through and hide resources I'm not interested in or would not ever use, whether that would assist the cpu processor in possibly speeding up processing or at least lighten the load?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your knowledge.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I'm not experiencing any processing issues, but ran across the "hide" option when I ended up with multiple resources in various libraries. I realize I clicked downloaded dzn files more than once when I couldn't find what I thought I had downloaded.

I'm wondering if I go through and hide resources I'm not interested in or would not ever use, whether that would assist the cpu processor in possibly speeding up processing or at least lighten the load?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your knowledge.

Not really, it may slightly change the time for that particular window to populate, especially if you downloaded hundreds of adders, but really won't affect any timeline video processing. It's just one way to clean up the display of items if you rarely use them. Basically, declutter the interface and only present what you use so you don't waste time looking for stuff in the interface.

Jeff
DavidADS [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not really, it may slightly change the time for that particular window to populate, especially if you downloaded hundreds of adders, but really won't affect any timeline video processing. It's just one way to clean up the display of items if you rarely use them. Basically, declutter the interface and only present what you use so you don't waste time looking for stuff in the interface.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. You are right about the cleanup. I just wondered about any system advantages. Appreciate the quick response.

David
DavidADS [Avatar]
[Post New]

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. You are right about the cleanup. I just wondered about any system advantages. Appreciate the quick response.

David