Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager won't download new content
imaref [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2010 14:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Application manager shows that there is a Spring Stickers pack for PowerDirector 365. When I click on "install" I get the message "Now you can view all these effects from inside PowerDirector/PhotoDirector and download them directly, once you have updated to the latest program versions".

I opened PowerDirector and they are nowhere to be found so I can download them (unless I'm not looking at the right place?).

Got an email for new May content today, and NONE of the new content is showing up in application manger at all.

I uninstalled/reinstalled both application manager and PowerDirector 365--same issues.

Any ideas?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2022 14:42

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Application manager shows that there is a Spring Stickers pack for PowerDirector 365. When I click on "install" I get the message "Now you can view all these effects from inside PowerDirector/PhotoDirector and download them directly, once you have updated to the latest program versions".

I opened PowerDirector and they are nowhere to be found so I can download them (unless I'm not looking at the right place?).

Got an email for new May content today, and NONE of the new content is showing up in application manger at all.

I uninstalled/reinstalled both application manager and PowerDirector 365--same issues.

Any ideas?

Hi,

OK, try this using the Spring stickers for PDR as an example.

Open PDR
Select the Video Overlay Room (F5)
Select More Premium Content
CAM should open up
Click Install for the Spring Stickers for PDR

Use "Spring" (without quotes) in the Library Search Box
Should give you the Spring Stickers.
Click on your choice
Should download your chosen sticker

I haven't tested the full set of downloads, so you have to be careful that you know where a set of content will be installed - Stickers in the Video Overlay room, LUTs in Effect room etc.

Hope that helps?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
imaref [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2010 14:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Option 1 did not work--it just opened the application manager and got the same error.

Option 2 "worked", but when I say worked, instead of normal months where everything could be downloaded and installed in mere minutes, I spent the past HOUR using the search function to first find, then INDIVIDUALLY download each and every new piece of content.

Is this going to be the new normal? If so, what an incredible waste of time... and I never did find the fonts from this month (May) to download and install.

HUGE step backward. Can't imagine what it would be like to do a clean OS install and have to INDIVIDUALLY click on thousands of pieces of content in order to download/install them.

Not happy. At all.
Elfvengren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2019 10:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Option 1 did not work--it just opened the application manager and got the same error.

Option 2 "worked", but when I say worked, instead of normal months where everything could be downloaded and installed in mere minutes, I spent the past HOUR using the search function to first find, then INDIVIDUALLY download each and every new piece of content.

Is this going to be the new normal? If so, what an incredible waste of time... and I never did find the fonts from this month (May) to download and install.

HUGE step backward. Can't imagine what it would be like to do a clean OS install and have to INDIVIDUALLY click on thousands of pieces of content in order to download/install them.

Not happy. At all.

Louise here: I agree, on customer support it says that 365 from may will be allowing to download stickers from login at site, and application manager has the latest 20.4.2829.0 and it is impossible to get the newer effects down. I re-installed my 365 and now I have so many I cant download. (here copy from support answer to someones question: However now the new content packs and effects can be directly downloaded in new versions of PD365 (released AFTER april 2022). So where can we find a newer version?
ss
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So where can we find a newer version?

20.4.2829 is the latest Windows version, and I can confirm that downloading packs from inside PDR does not work at all. It simply opens up the CAM, and clicking the Install button there brings up the message about installing from inside PDR. It's a complete circle jerk yell
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

20.4.2829 is the latest Windows version, and I can confirm that downloading packs from inside PDR does not work at all. It simply opens up the CAM, and clicking the Install button there brings up the message about installing from inside PDR. It's a complete circle jerk yell

Hello Optodata,

Can you tell me exactly which pack you tried this on that triggered CAM to open?

For the Spring Stickers pack that the OP mentioned, you can find the stickers under the "Seasonal" tag, and then you just click on a sticker to download each one individually. See attached.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - springstickers.jpg]
 Filename
springstickers.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
269 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The individual stickers do download correctly as per your instructions, but trying to download the entire pack (as was typically done before this change) just goes in circles and I don't see any way to actually install one of these.

I initially tried with the Spring Stickers pack, but it's the same situation with all of the newer style packs I try to download,. The only ones that can be installed are the vintage packs from years ago, like the various Holiday Pack volumes.

When any of those are chosen, the UAC control appears immediately as the pack installation begins.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 18. 2022 01:22

[Post New]
Hello,

The download of effects individually is the expected behaviour (as outlined in the What's New), and users can no longer download the entire newer effect packs as done previously (except for the older legacy effects, such as Content Pack Essential).

From what I know, the change was made because many users complained that they could not preview the effects in a pack before downloading. Now this is allowed, and the option of only downloading the effects you want in a pack.

I still don't see where/how you tried to download the entire pack in PowerDirector, which caused CAM to open. Please share your steps so I can check and share info with CL if needed.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 18. 2022 01:41

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
[Post New]
I recorded this video a couple days ago but hadn't had time to finish it until now. It follows your first set of steps but the pack can't ever be installed.

Open PDR
Select the Video Overlay Room (F5)
Select More Premium Content
CAM should open up
Click Install for the Spring Stickers for PDR

Note that when I clicked on Select More Premium Content, the CAM opened on my other monitor so I had to drag it onto the recording area.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 18. 2022 01:57

[Post New]
Thanks Optodata,

I've got you now. I've never click on that Premium Effects button before! I've set this on to CL asking them to remove that button, since it causes confusion.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote From what I know, the change was made because many users complained that they could not preview the effects in a pack before downloading. Now this is allowed, and the option of only downloading the effects you want in a pack.

Now that's pretty funny. Now two forum moderators (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96953.page#post_box_390100) "claim" it's because of a user complaints and puts the onus on the users. Yes, I could see users rightfully expecting some preview before downloading, did the users specifically state they didn't want the feature to download entire pack? This is just extremely poor implementation on CL’s part and total lack in understanding user needs and defining proper implementation. CL should take ownership of yet another totally botched implementation and don't blame users!

Jeff
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I think the premium effect button should be removed. The effects are already in your library, you can just click them to download. For example here's some of the effects that are part of the "Decoration Stickers" pack.
[Thumb - dec2.jpg]
 Filename
dec2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
list of effects in pack
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - dec1.jpg]
 Filename
dec1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
effects in PD
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I experienced the same confusion with the May updates. I did go back and read through the "What's New" explanation and followed the directions to find them all in PD365, but when I view it doesn't display the option arrow on the icons to download.
I sent in question to tech support and they responded App Manager was going to be the way to work it.

If I have to download from somewhere in PD I have to sit with a copy of my email and look each pgk up to be sure I review the newest releases. A real pain.

UPDATE:
I finally found one of the LUT effects that were new and I was interested in. No indication anything was new. I just had to start selecting everything and eventually I found the new LUTs. Gonna work great when I want to go through the 37 Mood Stickers or 30 Decoration Stickers or 30 Hand Drawn Stickers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2022 16:48