CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector and NewBlue
Reply to this topic
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
There still seems to be something not quite right going on here. NewBlue just did an update to TotalFX and once again PD started crashing on loading - once for each plugin, I think. Then, once you've tried to launch PD enough times, PD magically works again.

Not sure where the fault lies. I think when PD got its last major update, NewBlue found they were installing plugins into the wrong directory, so I suspect the fault lies there again, but just thought I'd mention it. If you are using NewBlue TotalFX, you may run into the same issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5938 Offline
[Post New]
If the issue you're having is with NewBlue Total FX - which is a separate, paid package - you may want to change the title of this discussion to include that detail so people will know that the issue you're having isn't related to any of the standard NewBlue PD plug-ins.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6059 Offline
[Post New]
May I ask what NB Total FX actually work in PD? I do not see it in the compatibility list. For instance, Titler? Does it work and what version/build? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5. Analog tape capture equipment.
https://www.facebook.com/B-Gill-Cyber-Studio-609762572849441
Elynde [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 16, 2019 04:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote May I ask what NB Total FX actually work in PD? I do not see it in the compatibility list. For instance, Titler? Does it work and what version/build?

I haven't tried the newer paid goodies outside of downloading a trial of Titler Pro 7 (doesn't intergrate with PD, works as a stand-alone), but I know all the things in the New Blue FX Vault work. .... I still need to buy their motion blur stuff, but since I have Pixelan's Blur Pro loaded, I haven't seen the need yet.

Also, Titler Pro 1.5 comes with the PD Ultimate version and is fully intergated. I use that a TON for 3D title work, especially since non-365 users haven't gotten the nice update that fixes the standard 3D Title Room transitions.
Reply to this topic