Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I set a "smooth" entry into a special effect
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to "enter" a dream sequence and have been using the "ripple" effect. However it makes an obvious jerk when it starts, rather embarrassing and completely removes the dream mood effect I'm trying to create.

Is there a cleaner method to obtaining the ripple effect over the video? Do they have an 'ease-in' 'ease-out' setting I'm missing?

Love the program and am probably overthinking everything.

Thanks in advance.

David
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a cleaner method to obtaining the ripple effect over the video? Do they have an 'ease-in' 'ease-out' setting I'm missing?

You could place the ripple effect over the whole clip and keyframe each of the 4 parameters starting at the minimum which shows none of the effect. Keyframe the ending just like in the beginning to avoid that ‘jerk’.
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]

You could place the ripple effect over the whole clip and keyframe each of the 4 parameters starting at the minimum which shows none of the effect. Keyframe the ending just like in the beginning to avoid that ‘jerk’.

Thank you for answer. I will follow up with some more information, and hope you may be able to continue to suggest... I am trying to generate this effect with 4 adjoining photos. I still ran into same problem when I tried to lengthen the first photo and continue onto the next photos.
Is it possible to set markers that I could identify a section, and generate a video for that section and replace those individual photos with video that I could add the effect to? I haven't had any luck identifying how to set an in and out spot, just export that section to create video and import the new video.
Any help or suggestions are deeply appreciated.