Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photodirector has become unusable?
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 365 sub and have been using Photodirector to do my thumbnails for quite some time. However the program has recently ground to a halt, upon loading images I'm greeted with a blue spinning circle and it takes about 20-30 seconds to execute any commands.

I recently discovered the library within photodirector has thousands of images I've previously worked on which might be the issue?

How can I "reset" the program so it saves all of my presets but clears out the other junk? Would this even solve it? I recently updated it but that did nothing.
For instance simply choosing "save as" will take 30 seconds if it works at all and occasionally when I load a new image it will take me to an older image I was loading and put dozens of images at the bottom of the screen for no apparent reason.

No other programs on my PC have any issues and there are no issues with the CPU or RAM utilization when it locks up..
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try creating a new project. There are many posts already on the forum that discuss this issue.
killertomato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try creating a new project. There are many posts already on the forum that discuss this issue.

I have done that to no avail. The program just constantly hangs and doesn't let me navigate through it.

I asked how I can clear it out so it actually works without having to throw away all of my presets etc...
It's virtually useless in its current state. I've tried deleting all the temp files, everything...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried the steps in this thread? You may also want to try downloading the clean database from here and double-clicking on it to open PhD (hopefully) without all the current issue.
killertomato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried the steps in this thread? You may also want to try downloading the clean database from here and double-clicking on it to open PhD (hopefully) without all the current issue.

Had no luck with any of that... ended up reinstalling ugh.