Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 Crashes AND Now ColorDirector crash during "produce/export"
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
UPDATE: After following CL tech support to remove and reinstall the graphics drivers, PD 365 allows me into the program without forcing the AI beta window, but now it crashes during any export, and if it gets through export, crashes when selecting to return to the edit window. AND NOW ColorDirector can be added to that crash list... crashes during export also.

I hadn't had any problems with updates until now, so silly me, I didn't take all of the "backup saving" steps to return to the previous installation. I see there is another update and of course am wondering whether that can drag anymore of the program(s) down. My final thought is "If it isn't working now, what more could happen?" Sad to say CL CS hasn't been much help. Wish I could find awesome experienced user that might have some suggestions. Has anyone updated with no issues?

I've attached current Dxdiag report for anyone to look at.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran new update. Now when I try to open PD 365, "AI Sticker Maker" stops everything. Hard lock up. I have to force app sutdown and start all over again.
Is there a way to remove this broken update so I can continue to use application???
 Filename
DxDiag 2023_06_21.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Report after PD 365 and CD 365 crashing
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2023 22:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, unless you made a system image before the update and can restore it, there's no way to uninstall or roll back any PD365 update. You can submit a request to CL tech support so they can assist you, and they may provide a link to download an earlier version if they cannot resolve the issue.

If you'd like help from the forum volunteers, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see the exact technical details of your system.
DavidADS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2021 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks optodata.

I rain the dxdiag app and have attached results. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm sure it may to you. I just noted the no problems dialog in the various sections.

I've read the many postings about the AI causing issues for many users. Is it possible a patch may be forthcoming to resolve obvious program wide issue?

Not quite sure how to upload dxdiag.txt document. Will try link...

Thanks for reviewing attach.
 Filename
DxDiag report 2023-06-11.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag report.
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ran new update. Now when I try to open PD 365, "AI Sticker Maker" stops everything. Hard lock up. I have to force app sutdown and start all over again.
Is there a way to remove this broken update so I can continue to use application???

It's a BETA feature and many users are having various issues with it, crashes, can't download, nothing generated downloads..... Maybe ALPHA or pre-BETA would of been a more aptly name for the released feature. If you have the time and patience, I'd suggest working with CL support or wait until they get these prerelease bugs squashed.

Jeff