Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Damon,

Same thing happened to me on my PS3, and it never worked until I got an update.

Have you updated the firmware and all the drivers as well. This is usually all required as well, at least from what I have found.

Dave
Hi Robert,

The latest version of PowerDVD 8 is 3017, not that it will solve this issue:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

It sounds like there is some kind of conflict going on with your machine, as my version of 8 has never produced this problem.

Best idea is to contact customer support to see if they have seen/heard this issue.

Dave
Hi,

From what I heard, Microsoft will not allow this, so no.

Plus, PowerDVD 9 doesn't support HD DVD playback anymore.

Dave
Hi Robert,

Both of the things you mentioned that PowerDVD will not allow is due to copyright protection required by the Blu-ray Disc people. You can't play BDs from a file or if it detects multiple monitors...because it is afraid of it being copied.

I do see that PowerDVD now supports Clone mode with HDCP protection, but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Dave
Hi Duane,

Have you tried burning the discs with other software?

It sounds like to me that it could possibly be your burning device, not the software. The discs are obviously not burning correctly. I find so many times that my burner wigs out on me.

The software should work consistently, unless it gets corrupted. The burner is the hardware that can easily malfunction.

Just a thought...hope it works out for ya.

Dave
Hi Tajammul,

You didn't tell us what type of disc you are playing. As far as I know, hardware acceleration is always enbaled during the playback of BDs.

As for the the stuttering and the other "100" issues, I am not sure. You machine sounds like it could run the power grid for a major US city. It should have no problems

Maybe list some others if you want to and we can try and figure it out.

Dave
Hi guys,

Does your web cam work with another program or by itself (i.e. without YouCam).

If not, it sounds like there is an issue with your web cam, i.e. it may have malfunctioned. You should then talk to your notebook/webcam dealer and get them to fix it.

Let me know if you can provide more info

Dave
Hi James,

The patch might not be the cause of this issue. After you install the patches, ensure that you also upgrade all of your graphics card drivers and firmware.

From my experiences and what I know, they sometimes all go together and must all be upgraded at the same time. It is the insanely vigilant Blu-ray Disc protection mechanisms, not CyberLink...usually.

Hope that helps
Dave
Ummm...maybe because you are playing PowerDVD on a beta operating system, that for sure PowerDVD 9 has not yet been opitmized for.

Dave
Hello,

Check the attached screen shot and tell me if it answers your question. It is from the player settings tab in PowerDVD 9.

Dave
Hi Diederik,

If it is on your computer, why not? You can use it how you want.

The only issue would be if you wanted to share the installation disc with a bunch of other users. That is where the Corp (Licenses) stuff would come into play that you can find in the version table of the readme.

Dave
Hi,

Unfortunately the only other variable in the equation is your web cam. There may be a possibility it is faulty.

Dave
Hi Liz,

The read me file for YouCam 2 states a few things to try and ensure are set up correctly.

When you use an avatar effect, please ensure the video size is above 320x240 and avoid a low light environment. A video size below 320x240 is too small to track facial features accurately. Within a low light environment, such as a dark room or outdoors at night, most webcams drop their frame rates automatically, which will also result in poor tracking results.

CyberLink YouCam's facial tracking ability for avatars may decline when you move rapidly or move out of the webcam frame. When the facial tracking result is lost (the avatar's actions does not sync with your actions), please calibrate by placing your face in the center of the webcam video frame and then look straight at the webcam. CyberLink YouCam will automatically re-calibrate the facial tracking.

Ensure you are sitting relatively close to the webcam...though I am guess you are, since it is a laptop.

Dave
Hi,

PowerProducer doesn't give you much room for flexibility and enhancement of your videos...at least not as much as PowerDirector 7. You can do a lot more with your videos in that program.

Dave
Hi Glenis,

PowerDVD doesn't do this, but both PowerDirector and PowerProducer let you capture not digital content onto your computer.

To do this, you need:

1. To have a way to capture non digital content. I.e. TV Tuner card or a way to capture with your video card.

2. Program like PowerDirector or PowerProducer.

What format is the original non-digital footage in? PowerDirector and PowerProducer let you capture from a TV and/or VCR. You just need to have the right video input into your computer.

Hope this helped
Dave
Hi Ben,

Your best bet is to contact customer support with all of your purchase information from when you bought version 6. If you purchased the extended download, it is good for two years.

See this FAQ answer for more information. Hope it helps: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=2316

Dave
Hi Alex,

The frame isn't moving, it is just the effect on the video that is making it appear to move. Looks like it is the Old Movie effect.

Dave
Hi Torrey,

As the help also says: "Note: Some of these options are only available during playback." but is also sometimes depends on the disc and if you are in full screen mode or not.

An easier way to change the aspect ratio is to just right click on the video (while it is playing back) and select Aspect Ratio in the Express Menu.

Hope that helps

Dave
Hi Alex,

What version of PowerDirector are you using, because the full version has all the highest quality outputs for iPods.

I was able to output some fantastic looking video and it plays great on my new iPod Touch!.

Let me know
Dave
Oh...you reposted.

Hi Christopher,

First off...it can't be PowerDVD you are burning with, so you posted this in the wrong section "

Second, it is probably referring to the disc space on your computer. Some programs require a certain about of disc space on a drive as buffer when burning. Check that you have a lot of free space on your C: drive

Hope that helps
Dave
Hi Christopher,

First off...it can't be PowerDVD you are burning with, so you posted this in the wrong section :

Second, it is probably referring to the disc space on your computer. Some programs require a certain about of disc space on a drive as buffer when burning. Check that you have a lot of free space on your C: drive

Hope that helps
Dave
Go to: