Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Christopher,

First off...it can't be PowerDVD you are burning with, so you posted this in the wrong section :

Second, it is probably referring to the disc space on your computer. Some programs require a certain about of disc space on a drive as buffer when burning. Check that you have a lot of free space on your C: drive

Hope that helps
Dave
"I have been know to choose other vendors when I find out their loyalty is not with the U.S. citizen....."

CyberLink is a Taiwanese company, so it has nothing to do with loyalty. The problem is they may need to outsource the phone support to a company that provides a better quality service. Who cares where in the world they are located, as long as they can communicate the solutions well in the language they are supposed to.

However it does sound like the solution that Crunchy Doodle was looking for, would definitely not be in any database, as it took some trouble shooting for sure.

No one is ever satisfied with tech support I think, because there is never an easy answer to every single person's question/problem. I know that CL does care, and does try it's best to provide quality service.

Hopefully someone there will read this and see if there is anything that can be done to improve.

Dave
Hi Auturo,

The position of the first chapter is set by default to the beginning of the project you are currently creating, and can't be moved/removed.

Maybe we can make a suggestion to RD to change this in the future to be more flexible.

Thanks

David
Hi Alba,

To make sure I understand completely...currently what you have installed is actually the Trial version of YouCam 1.0? Is that right? And the trial version has expired so you can't use it...when you try and launch it, this is what it tells you? Asking you to upgrade? If yes...can you take a screen shot of this screen and attach to this forum?

Also, you have the activation key for version 1.0, but you aren't sure where to enter it. Is this correct too?

Let me know

Dave
Hi Alba,

Sounds like to me that you should be contacting the magazine and asking them what's up.

I found this forum and looks like the Magazine people are being very helpful. Maybe it was for only a limited time that it was free...it is almost two months old.

http://forum.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1063391&tstart=0

It is a great little program...and version 2 is way better anyway.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Shawn,

Yes...isn't the AVC - MPEG4 on the Produce a file page what you are lookig for? It is beside the iPod (Portable) option:

"This profile encodes MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video format in a Standard Definition profile that is compatible with AVCHD. MPEG-4 AVC has better compression compared to MPEG-2. This allow users to record video at the similar quality of MPEG-2 but in less space."

In the quality box in says it is 720 x 480

FYI...I am using the Ultra version.
Thanks

Dave
Hi Damon,

Have you contacted technical support yet? They are the only ones who can help you with your problem...sounds like something definitely went awry (minor understatement).

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks

Dave
Hi Genie,

I am positive that they did not remove the compression you were using in PDR 6, just added new ones.

You will just have to select the right profile when trying to create your file for upload to YouTube. I am guessing you were using DivX and a lower quality from the Quality drop-down to get it below 100 mb.

I personally usually use the streaming video selection when uploading. It usually makes a smaller file for use on the Internet. The file ones are more for burning to discs later.

Dave
Hi,
I am guessing it won't let you burn it because of copyright protection on the movie file you have on your hard drive. Nothing you can really do, unless you convert the video file to another format or something.

Dave
Hi,

You can actually do this, you are just going about it the wrong way.

When the hour long clip is in your library, right click on it and select "Detect Scenes". Click on the Detect button and it will automatically split the video out based on the clips inside the video. You can even do it manually if you like.

Now you can then place the original video on the timeline and then you can easily place any of the detected scenes in the PiP area.

Thanks
Dave
What, me worry?

Hey guys...there is a great work around. Just close your eyes for 5 seconds while the program loads
Hi,

PowerDirctor 7 successfully uninstalled version 6 for me on two different computers without any problems...and version 7 is running very well for me currently.

Must be a specific issue with your computer setup that caused this problem, since this is the first time this issue was raised and is "stable" on most people's computers. A QA department is not capable of testing the hundreds of possible potential configurations to ensure it works for everyone. They do their best though...

Dave
Hi,

They have another product that is the same as DVD Maker called PowerProducer that does this exact thing.

However I think the Menu Designer is better in PowerDirector anyway. Good luck.

Dave
Hi Milan,

The simple answer is "yes"...based on what I am guessing you want to do with your vague description. Follow the instructions here to do so.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2991.page

Thanks

Dave
Pam,

Try creating each of the 13 chapters one at a time in PDR. Produce each chapter as an MPEG file, which is fit for a DVD.

Then once you are done, pull each of the 13 files into PowerProducer to create your DVD.

Either way...it will take a lot of work and production power from your computer.

Good luck

Dave
Hi Pam.

If you want to use PowerDirector to create a disc with chapters that contain all the videos you have created, try this (I am writing this assuming you are using PDR 7...if you are not, let me know:

1. Yes...put all the videos that you want to use on the timeline.

2. Go into the Chapters room (the button on the left that has the 1-2-3 on it) and then click the top button that says "Insert chapter at the start of each clip"

This will put a chapter marker at the front of each of the videos you created. You may want to double-check that it worked correctly. You can drag the chapter markers if it is slightly off, to the correct positions.

3. Go into the Create Disc window. Select a disc menu template that suits your videos or your liking. Use the Buttons per page at the bottom left to select the number of chapter of thumbnails you will have on each chapter page. Depending on the number of chapters/videos you will have will depend on the number of chapter pages that you will have.

You can name each of these chapters to suit the name of your video if you like.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions.

Dave
Hi Sheldon,

I am not sure which version of Power2Go you are using, because you did let us know, but I just tested it on my machine and I was able to create, save, open and then burn two separate projects to a CD and a DVD.

So yes...the point of a project is what you think. Let us know more informatiion and help you trouble shoot what's going wrong on your PC.

Thanks

Dave
Hi Paul,

Can you provide us with some more information? What type of DV camera is it? Brand, model number, etc.

If it is a hard drive DV camcorder, i.e. there is no tape in the camcorder. If it is then you can access the content on it by importing the files directly as if it was another hard drive. It is not necessary to use the capture function with this camcorders.

Dave
Hi,

Let's get something straight here. The problem is mostly caused by the specific confirguration of your system and any extra added CODECS or other software that is causing the problem, not PowerDVD.

If you want help to rectify the problem, this is not the way to go about it.

Dave
Hi Jean-Jacques...Salut!

My French is a bit rough so forgive me if my answer is not complete.

Yes PowerDVD 8 plays Everio files...both the .TOD and .MOD formats.

Howerver, there is no direct upgrade from version 5 to version 8, I just checked the web site. You will have to purchase the full version.

Dave
Frank,

Just right click on the Power2Go icon in your system tray and select "Exit".

Deselect "Start Program When System Starts" to not have it displayed everytime you login.

Dave
Go to: