Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

It depends on which instant messaging software you are using to give you any instructions. For example, Windows Live Messenger, Skype, AOL Instant Messenger, etc.

YouCam just works with these instant messaging software as an add on. It does not allow you to chat through it to someone else.

Let us know which software you are using, and then maybe we can help you more.

Dave
Hi,
Glad you got it now.

We are all here to help you with any questions to make it easier for you to learn.

Here are some other tutorial resources to help you if you like:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots

Dave
Hi,

This way is easier.

When you select a template, it will be applied to the current page you are viewing in the preview window.

So if you use the mouse to navigate to the Chapters/Titles page, and then select a template in the list, you will will see that the Chapters/Titles thumbnail is highlighted. That is what the highlight means.

Selecting Apply, applies it to the highlighted page, Apply to All to all three pages.

Dave
Hi,

I was able to apply a different template to the chapters/titles page by doing this.

1. Select the menu template you want to add to the chapter/titles page and select Apply to All.

2. Select the menu template you want to have on the main/root page, and then just select "Apply".

I think this is what you want to do. From here, you can click the Modify button and go in and customize each page Root, Chapters/Title, and Subtitles to be exactly how you want them.

Hope that helps
Dave
Hi,

Here is a tutorial on the subject.

Hopefully will clarify things a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

Dave
Hi,

You can't rip DVDs to your hard drive with PowerDVD. PowerDirector lets you do this if the DVD does not contain copyright protection.

Dave
Hi,

Updates are always free on all CyberLink products.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/index_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 just came out, so there are no updates yet available for version 7. When there is, it will be free.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 is a new version, with new features. Hence the reason it is not free.

Going from version 6 to version 7 is clearly an upgrade, not an update. You are confusing the difference between the two.

Dave
Hi,

I have never heard of a company offering a free upgrade if they upgrade with a year of you buying the software. Most companies update their software once a year. If you have some examples of this, please share.

The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience.

Dave
Hi Cindy,

So you are saying that you only have to pictures on the DVD now? You don't have them on your hard drive anymore?

If yes, you can do the following to get them back on your computer.

1. Insert the DVD into the drive.
2. Open Windows Explorer. You can do this by going Start - My Computer. Or press the following keys at the same time on your computer: Windows Key+E
3. Find your DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Usually the D: or E: drive.
4. Right mouse click on the drive and select Explore.
5. Just copy and paste all the pictures back to your computer. You can do this by dragging and dropping them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Dave
Hi James,

First, as it says at the top of the forum index page, this forum is for users and is not a way to communicate with CyberLink.

Second, I find it confusing. I didn't think you could run PowerDVD without first entering an activation key. Was it pre-installed on your computer? No, right? You said it came with the BD Player you purchased. So you installed the software from a disc provided?

Third, you should contact manufacturer of your Blu-ray Disc player (LG) for the activation key if you do not have it, not CyberLink, since it is an OEM version. They should have provided the key with your copy of the software.

Fourth, yes OEM versions are often limited versions. The LG version may not include a Dolby license, or a limited trial for one. You should ask LG what is included in the version you got. It should say in the readme.

Hope that helps
Dave

Hi,
You have to contact the Digital River customer support or CyberLink customer support with all of your order information included in the email.

Make sure that it was less than 30 days ago that you bought the upgrade though.

Dave
OK...no idea.

On a some what related note. When did you purchase the upgrade to the full version of Power2Go 6? I ask because Power2Go 7 came out today, and if you purchased the previous version within 30 days you can get a free upgrade.

The video disc burning engine has been totally revamped it looks like. Not sure if that would solve the problem, but I thought I would tell you about the possible upgrade:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go/overview_en_US.html?utm_source=MainBanner&utm_medium=MainBanner_7776_P2go7US&utm_campaign=Homepage

Dave
Hi,

OK...then I am not positive either. Might be a silly question, but did you try burning again with Dolby selected as well. Where did you get the video files from? If ripped from a DVD, then probably Dolby of some kind.

Power2Go is not really known for its DVD-Video disc creation, so I don't think the settings can be changed a lot.

Dave
Hi Mark,

My guess is because you got it with your ASUS burner, it is an OEM version, and not the full version.

The OEM versions usually do not support videos with Dolby sound, which would explain the lack of audio. Do the video files you have use Dolby sound?

You can check the readme (select Help > Readme) that came with the program, and find out the exact version you have by selecting Help > About Power2Go. My guess is you have the LE version, not the Deluxe.

Thanks
Dave

Hi,

We can tell you once you give yourself a username. Just one of the rules we have here.

Also tell us which version of YouCam you are using.

Thanks
Dave
Hi,

I recently heard that it was coming out the first or second week of July. Let's hope that's true.

Dave
Great videos Alex. Laos is one my favourite destinations ever. Happiest local people I have ever met. Thanks for sharing and glad to know PDR 8 is working well for you...
Hi,

Subtitles only work with DivX video files. Our video format extension is MPG? Are your subtitles in an external file? If the MPG was ripped from a DVD, PowerDVD won't detect the subtitles in the MPG if that is what you are trying to do.

For me to get it to work, I needed to install a codec and then ensure the external subtitle file is in the same folder as the video file...and it's file name (minus the extension) has the exact same name.

See the "Loading External Subtitles" section of the help for more info.

Dave
Hello Peter,

That web site you referenced is not the CyberLink web site, so you shouldn't be quoting it as a reliable source. It might be a fan page or something.

Also, the Open media files button was removed for version 10, since there is now the Videos tab on the UI. Try clicking on the Videos tab and then browsing to the location of your AVCHD file on your computer.

However, if it is protected content, it might not play.

Dave
Hi Richard,

I believe you can if you purchased it within the last 30 days. Try contacting customer support or Digital River, if you got it from them.

Dave
Hi Damon,

Same thing happened to me on my PS3, and it never worked until I got an update.

Have you updated the firmware and all the drivers as well. This is usually all required as well, at least from what I have found.

Dave
Go to: