Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Ultra, unable to play store bought BlueRay from file, now unable to use completely.
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 22:04 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I COULD play my own pre-made BlueRay disc's from the folder(mts2) but not any(tried 5) store bought BlueRay from a folder. Of course it would not play at all from the disc by itself automatically.
It would play a standard DVD just fine and automatically.

The very first time I installed PowerDVD 9 Ultra, I was able to install the 1719 build update. Since reinstalling PowerDVD 9 Ultra as instructed by Cyberlink, I haven't been able to install this update. It fails every time, nearly all the way through it, with error code 1403. I contacted Cyberlink and they sent me instructions to eliminate Power DVD 9 Ultra along with registry file deletions and then reinstall however with many, about 15 attempts, the 1719 build update still errors. Cyberlink says to keep trying the install regardless. I am trying but no luck yet.

My machine:
A really cool Coolermaster case
750 watt PS
AMD x2 64 5600+ running at 2.9 Mhz
Biostar TA790GXB A2+ 6.x
8 gig memory 800 mhz
5 SATA 2 WD 750 gig 32 mb cache hard drives
(4 hard drives in RAID 1+0, speeds of 130 to
230 mb/s on Intensity Pro speed tester)
(the fifth drive on RAID 0)
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
1 HD 4890 ATI video card turned up all the way
1 Black Magic Intensity Pro card
BluRay and standard DVD recorders.
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:
Here's what happens:
Even though the 1719 update/build is being installed and stops, before it finishes, with the error codes, as if it doesn't work, it has installed something that then lets you only use one monitor at a time to view your Blue Ray discs on.
You have to physically disconnect all monitors from any graphics cards of any multiples connected, leaving the one you intend to use. Only thing I can understand is the Blue Ray developers and/or manufactures are limiting this function for a reason.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Both of the things you mentioned that PowerDVD will not allow is due to copyright protection required by the Blu-ray Disc people. You can't play BDs from a file or if it detects multiple monitors...because it is afraid of it being copied.

I do see that PowerDVD now supports Clone mode with HDCP protection, but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Dave
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dave,
With any two connected at the same time(in clone mode from the ATI video card, new drivers) connected to my ATI video card, with any connection will not let PowerDVD 9 Ultra work. I have to disconnect everything except one device.

It is just an extra thing where you now have to look at the back of your computer and make sure there's one if you want to play Blue Rays. I don't know if an HDMI or DVI selector box would work or not. More than likely if just one actual connection is always made only.

Thanks for the reply, Bob