Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot uncheck hardware accelerator.
Tajammul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2009 15:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
For God sake, is any body there with appropriate solution, tech support is hopeless.

They took the money from me,
There product does not work,
And they don’t answer the emails
I don’t know why?

I bought power DVD 9 about month back and since then I am figling with it to make it work.

Besides 100 other problems,

Right now I have this Hardware Accelerator checked in my configuration, I uncheck it and as soon as I hit play I turns on itself and I have a very choppy video with no sound. I stop the video and uncheck it again and it checks it self again by itself.

I am using ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video card, I used Catalyst 9.3 and 9.4 software’s
I tried it on Windows Vista 32 bit and Windows Vista 64 bit, neither helped.
5 Tera bites Hard disk, 4 GB Ram with 32 bit vista and 7 GB ram with 64 bit vista, non helped.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tajammul,

You didn't tell us what type of disc you are playing. As far as I know, hardware acceleration is always enbaled during the playback of BDs.

As for the the stuttering and the other "100" issues, I am not sure. You machine sounds like it could run the power grid for a major US city. It should have no problems

Maybe list some others if you want to and we can try and figure it out.

Dave
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2009 09:46 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
you know what i dont know what the problem is exactly but ill tell you i had the exact same problem i updated my vid card my powerdvd i changed settings and nothing eventually i ended screwing my computer somehow donw the line my dvd drives disapeared and my keyboard and mouse stopped working lol

solution

i formatted and re installed everything with the latest updates, and i am now working fine..

i hate formatting and re installing it takes up so much time but it worked for me... you got nothing to loose