Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disgusted With Latest Patch For PowerDVD8 Ultra
Damon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2008 15:50 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
So I bought X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Blu-ray today, and when I tried to run it I got the message that I needed an update. So I went to the address (cyberlink.com/bdupdate), downloaded and installed the patch and now my PowerDVD 8 Ultra will not play any Blu-ray discs. NONE! It gives an error saying "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:" It won't even play DVDs!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Damon,

Same thing happened to me on my PS3, and it never worked until I got an update.

Have you updated the firmware and all the drivers as well. This is usually all required as well, at least from what I have found.

Dave
Damon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2008 15:50 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Firmware and drivers are all up to date. Before this update everything worked fine.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please submit all this information to customer service and they will help you resolve it. It is a known bug.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/technical-support.do

Regards,

David