Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello to all,
I am having a little technical problem with a video I am making. I am using Power Director 7 build 2429 to produce 2 video segments into mpeg2 files to then burn on a dvd.

I produced the 2 videos a first time without problem. Then I decided to make a few minor changes to my tiles and what not and produced the videos again to mpeg2 files. The longues of the 2 videos (which is about 5 minutes) had a problem with the transitions. I am using the ''interfere'' transition a lot, and that effect turned out green in the video. The second video had the same transition effet used, but it produced fine. I tried producing the video again whit the same result. I also tried producing in .avi and the problem disapered, but it does not give me the video quality I have in the second video.

Any ideas what might be causing this or any solutions in mind would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Steph
Thank you!
Actually I do have a microphone on my laptop!
Thank you for the tip I will use this next time.

I will probably end up recording the whole video again from my DVD recorder. Because I also tried recopying the original VOB file from the DVD to my hard drive but got the same result.

Regards,
Stephanie
Barry thank you very much for you suggestion.
I will try this next time I run into trouble.

Regards
Stephanie
I realize that trying to explain this problem in writing was not clear at all. So after reading a suggestion on the forum about Cam Studio I figure a video would be easier to demonstrate the issue.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sfaEsWXOX6c

Hope this clarifies.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Stephanie
It has happened to me in the past. I found that restarting a new project and trimming that video alone a second time usually did the trick. You can then render (produce a file) that video alone and insert it in you old project if you had any other videos on there already.

I don't have any idea why this happens however.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Stephanie
I seem to have solved my problem. I tried creating a new project with only the video that was having trouble and trimming it on its own and it worked.

I have an other issue that is somewhat similar, but I was not able to fix it like the previous. While again trying to trim a video, the end of my video kept automatically starting at the same place in the video. From that point of the video on, if I tried to split it it would start at that part in the video. If I played the video from a point previous to that part it would play normally but as soon as I tried to pause to trim it at that point it would automatically go back to that looping part. It very hard to describe in writing I don't know if any of you have experienced a similar problem.
I will attach an image in the hopes of making myself more clear.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3504/trimingvn0.png

I can maybe try to record my video again from the television and re transfer it on my computer, but any suggestions that could avoid me doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie
Hi Chris I did as you suggested and the burn seemed to be going smoother. But instead of getting stuck at 65%, PD stop working (Some error message saying that Pd stop working properly...). Tried twice with same result. What I had done was that I had open my previous project, deleted all the things in the time line and inserted my newly rendered video.

I tried starting a new project inserting the rendered video and redoing my menu and that made it work.

Thanks again for you input! I will definitely use this in the future especially that I am working on a laptop ,that will improve the situation.

Thanks again
Regards
Stephanie
Ah! I see it now!

That makes total sens! Thank you so much Keyan! That will help me a lot in the future.

Thanks again!
Stephanie
Hi there.
I am having an issue with the audio of my video after trimming it. What I did is that inserted several VOB videos in the time line. Using the multi trim option I split the video and deleted the undesired parts. My problem is as follows: when I play the video, the audio of the deleted parts continues but the image moves on correctly to the next video. this happened with only one of the videos that I inserted in my time line, the other ones worked perfectly. I found that odd. Any suggestions or ideas as to what might cause this would be greatly appreciated?

I am using PD 7 updated to the latest build on a Dell 64x Vista laptop.

Regards.
Stephanie
Hi Flavio,

For your second question,I have been trying to do this forever and here is how I was finally able to do it.

1-I created my menu graphic. I could not find a way to do this using a template that was already there so I had to create one. So what I did is that in Photoshop (on any other image editing program, you can download Photofiltre which is good and simple if you do not have one) I made the picture that I want around my little video in the menu and I made sure that the area where the video would be was transparent.

2-Then I went in Power Director inserted my menu video and my image on top (on the PIP track I think..)

3-Then I produced a file of that little montage. (If I remember correctly, If I used the avi format I had problems later on but other formats are fine)

4-Then I went in my main project to Create Disc and created a new template. When you are in ''modify'' there is a button on top that lets you change the background image/video. So I clicked on that and selected the menu video I just created before and Voila! Then all you have left to do is select you font for the text and all that.

I don't know if there is a simpler way but that is the only one I found. Could not change the default video for the templates. If someone knows how to do that it would be great to know.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Stephanie
I have had the same problem before but could not find any solution. Its seems Power Director just does not recognize non-finalized discs. I ended up having to, like you said, produce the disc again.

If anyone knows more on that subject it would be great to have some input.

Regards.

Stephanie
Hi bren.

If you want to make a disc with a menu and keep the chapters you created in your project, you have to go directly to Create disc and skip the create a file.
Just open you project and go directly to Create disc and design you menu. The chapters should show up automatically.

You really would create a file only if you want to use a different program to make your disc or if you don't want you video on a disc (export on internet or simply keep on your hard drive, etc)

Hope this helps.

Stephanie
Hi Shotgun.
If you put you video directly on a disc in Power Director it tells you the size relative to the space in the DVD at the bottom left on that little blue meter. But when creating a file I find myself having that same problem. I cant seem to find where it tells you that information. I don't know if we are just not looking at the right place or if this is simply not an option in Power Director.

If someone could enlighten us on the subject it would be appreciated.

Stephanie
Hi Shotgun
I believe that if you go in the disc settings ( by clicking on the icon at the bottom in the Create Disc tab) you can check ''smart fit'' ant that will adjust you video so that it fits on the type of DVD that you are using. However I think that if you video is really too big the quality will be decreased to fit on the DVD. I don't know if its the best or only way, but it usually works for me.

Regards.
Stephanie
Thank you for your suggestion!

I will try that and let you know how it worked out!

Thank you again for the fast reply!
Stephanie
I everyone!
I have a little issue trying to burn a DVD-R. I am using PD 7 Delux and when I trying to burn my DVD it just says frozen at 65%. It doesn't close or stop responding, it just stays there. The first time it happen, I dessided to wait, went to do something else, 3 hours later, still at 65%. I restarted my computer and tried again on a other DVD but no luck. still stuck at 65% again.

The video I am trying to burn is about 1 and a half hour long and has a menu, 2 chapters. The video comes from an other DVD-R that I used to record something from my TV with my DVD recorder. Then I simply copied the video files into a folder on my computer and imported them into PD7. This is the second DVD that I make actually using the same technique and the same menu and the first one worked perfectly. I don't see why I'm running into problems with this one.

I am working with a Vsta 64 bit laptop. If you have any suggestions or solutions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Stephanie
Thank you very much JL!
This answers my question!!

Does it work the same way for for the disc main page? I know some templates display a video on the main page in addition to the ones in the chapter pages, but I couldn't find were to chose which part of the video to put there.

Thanks again for your help.
Hi John C,

As far as I know you cannot change the text in the template itself which, your right, can be pretty annoying. But maybe someone knows a way to do so? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for I would definitely use this in the future.

Regards
Hi John C,

To change the actuall text you must be in the non-modifiy menu. In other words in the create disc tab.

Hope this helps.
hum...yes power director seems to crash often on my computer as well. Have you tryed importing the files in the original project directly fron the usb?
Maybe make sure that no other program is running when you try this to reduce the chance of PD crashing.

I'm not an expert so if that doen't work i'm afrain I don't know what else you can try.

Regards
Go to: