Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD burning stuck at 65%...?
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I everyone!
I have a little issue trying to burn a DVD-R. I am using PD 7 Delux and when I trying to burn my DVD it just says frozen at 65%. It doesn't close or stop responding, it just stays there. The first time it happen, I dessided to wait, went to do something else, 3 hours later, still at 65%. I restarted my computer and tried again on a other DVD but no luck. still stuck at 65% again.

The video I am trying to burn is about 1 and a half hour long and has a menu, 2 chapters. The video comes from an other DVD-R that I used to record something from my TV with my DVD recorder. Then I simply copied the video files into a folder on my computer and imported them into PD7. This is the second DVD that I make actually using the same technique and the same menu and the first one worked perfectly. I don't see why I'm running into problems with this one.

I am working with a Vsta 64 bit laptop. If you have any suggestions or solutions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Stephanie

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 19. 2009 11:53

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Seen this problem and experienced it. Whatever you have put into the timeline, produce the movie to your hard drive. The start a new project and pull the already produced movie into the timeline and burn your disk.
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your suggestion!

I will try that and let you know how it worked out!

Thank you again for the fast reply!
Stephanie
Stephanie
[Post New]
Hi Chris I did as you suggested and the burn seemed to be going smoother. But instead of getting stuck at 65%, PD stop working (Some error message saying that Pd stop working properly...). Tried twice with same result. What I had done was that I had open my previous project, deleted all the things in the time line and inserted my newly rendered video.

I tried starting a new project inserting the rendered video and redoing my menu and that made it work.

Thanks again for you input! I will definitely use this in the future especially that I am working on a laptop ,that will improve the situation.

Thanks again
Regards
Stephanie
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I have cured a few sticky burns by doing 1 of 2 things...
1. Try a new menu
2. Change the location I am burning to.

Sometimes it can be as simple as that, and I do everything on a laptop, too. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Stephanie
[Post New]
Barry thank you very much for you suggestion.
I will try this next time I run into trouble.

Regards
Stephanie