Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with multi trim and audio
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there.
I am having an issue with the audio of my video after trimming it. What I did is that inserted several VOB videos in the time line. Using the multi trim option I split the video and deleted the undesired parts. My problem is as follows: when I play the video, the audio of the deleted parts continues but the image moves on correctly to the next video. this happened with only one of the videos that I inserted in my time line, the other ones worked perfectly. I found that odd. Any suggestions or ideas as to what might cause this would be greatly appreciated?

I am using PD 7 updated to the latest build on a Dell 64x Vista laptop.

Regards.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to have solved my problem. I tried creating a new project with only the video that was having trouble and trimming it on its own and it worked.

I have an other issue that is somewhat similar, but I was not able to fix it like the previous. While again trying to trim a video, the end of my video kept automatically starting at the same place in the video. From that point of the video on, if I tried to split it it would start at that part in the video. If I played the video from a point previous to that part it would play normally but as soon as I tried to pause to trim it at that point it would automatically go back to that looping part. It very hard to describe in writing I don't know if any of you have experienced a similar problem.
I will attach an image in the hopes of making myself more clear.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3504/trimingvn0.png

I can maybe try to record my video again from the television and re transfer it on my computer, but any suggestions that could avoid me doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2009 23:36

Stephanie
[Post New]
I realize that trying to explain this problem in writing was not clear at all. So after reading a suggestion on the forum about Cam Studio I figure a video would be easier to demonstrate the issue.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sfaEsWXOX6c

Hope this clarifies.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Stephanie
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Good job on the CamStudio clip. You know if you have a microphone you can talk while recording the clip to explain what is happening.

I'm not familiar enough with multi-clip to help on this one, but some here are.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2009 11:45

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Stephanie
[Post New]
Thank you!
Actually I do have a microphone on my laptop!
Thank you for the tip I will use this next time.

I will probably end up recording the whole video again from my DVD recorder. Because I also tried recopying the original VOB file from the DVD to my hard drive but got the same result.

Regards,
Stephanie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2009 15:50