Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Two questions about DVD Menu
Flavio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2008 16:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hello everybody :

i'll be direct:

1) There is the possibility to create a PIP effect (small video on a large video both playing) like some presetted model (wedding presetted menu n°14")?

2) Can i choose the little video to play, instead of first seconds of the entire project (seems to be setted as a default)?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english

P.S. powerdirector ROCKS!!
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Flavio,

For your second question,I have been trying to do this forever and here is how I was finally able to do it.

1-I created my menu graphic. I could not find a way to do this using a template that was already there so I had to create one. So what I did is that in Photoshop (on any other image editing program, you can download Photofiltre which is good and simple if you do not have one) I made the picture that I want around my little video in the menu and I made sure that the area where the video would be was transparent.

2-Then I went in Power Director inserted my menu video and my image on top (on the PIP track I think..)

3-Then I produced a file of that little montage. (If I remember correctly, If I used the avi format I had problems later on but other formats are fine)

4-Then I went in my main project to Create Disc and created a new template. When you are in ''modify'' there is a button on top that lets you change the background image/video. So I clicked on that and selected the menu video I just created before and Voila! Then all you have left to do is select you font for the text and all that.

I don't know if there is a simpler way but that is the only one I found. Could not change the default video for the templates. If someone knows how to do that it would be great to know.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Stephanie

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 19. 2009 11:31

Flavio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2008 16:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is a clever solution , and knowing how the program works, the procedure seems right to me... i'll try just when i have some time to spend on!! I'm very busy at work now.

So... THANK YOU VERY MUCH... i'll write here the results of this experiment... :

Ciao

Flavio