Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I NEED URGENT HELP,PLEASE! PD7
Kathleen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 09:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys, I am making a Video for a Funeral, I was working all night, no problems. The way I started was I opened the Project, then I Imported all the files to the Media Workspace in Power director. Then I realized I forgot one Picture. I was almost done with the video when I realized this and I took out the USB to get one more picture from another computer and I put the USB back in with all the Pictures and I tried to open the Project and I got a bunch of Errors, and everything i did, the Program would Crash with a "Send error report" message everytime. I think my problem is that I did not Import the USB file to the computer, I was only using the USB itself, and when I took it out, I could not re-open the Project. Is there anyway I could Recover the files? I need the video to be done for a Funeral.

Thanks a lot.
It would be awesome if this question would be resolved, as the Funeral is today.

Thanks
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kathleen,
Like you said the problem is probably that you were importing directly from your usb. You could try this:

-Make sure the usb is on the same drive. Most computer have more then one usb slot.

-try to reimport the files in your project library. If you ignore all the error messages when you try to open your project, your time line should appear except that the images will not be there if you reimport all you files it migh work.

Best of lock.

Stephanie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2008 10:07

Kathleen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 09:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Stephanie,

I have tried this many ways, like making new folders and copy all the information to the USB, my desktop and a documents folder. I even tried opening a new project, then importing the files and then trying to open it. But no matter what I do, it always gets to "99%" and then It comes up with an error report saying" Send error report" and then crashes.

Thanks for the help
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
hum...yes power director seems to crash often on my computer as well. Have you tryed importing the files in the original project directly fron the usb?
Maybe make sure that no other program is running when you try this to reduce the chance of PD crashing.

I'm not an expert so if that doen't work i'm afrain I don't know what else you can try.

Regards
Knut [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Germany Joined: Oct 03, 2007 12:16 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I've had the same problem some weeks ago.
A big project with a lot of photos won't start and the software crashed.

After updating PowerDirector 7 with the latest patch, it works fine.

Maybe you need a patch.

Knut