Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
disc creation
bren794 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 04:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I'm new to PD7 and so some of these queries may be basic. I've made a project with 5 chapters and made a file then gone through the produce area to make an MPEG 2 movie to burn to a disc.Questions:

1. I closed the programme and came back later to design my menu in the create disc area only to find I couldn't open the movie.Surely there is a way of opening already rendered movies at a later date ?
2.I went back to edit ,checked my chapters were OK and then repeated the rendering into MPEG2 under a different file name.
3.I went to create the disc and can see only the first chapter in the menu preview screen and only the template with one button is visible. There fore it seems that the programme is not seeing 5 chapters?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bren.

If you want to make a disc with a menu and keep the chapters you created in your project, you have to go directly to Create disc and skip the create a file.
Just open you project and go directly to Create disc and design you menu. The chapters should show up automatically.

You really would create a file only if you want to use a different program to make your disc or if you don't want you video on a disc (export on internet or simply keep on your hard drive, etc)

Hope this helps.

Stephanie
bren794 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 04:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephanie.Many thanks for replying to my question. I'll try it and see how I go.

bren794