Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video clip split
bren794 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 04:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Does anybody have any idea about why sometimes,but not always,when I split a video clip and delete one of the segments the accompanying music track is also trimmed (but not at the same point-from the end of the track)?

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
It has happened to me in the past. I found that restarting a new project and trimming that video alone a second time usually did the trick. You can then render (produce a file) that video alone and insert it in you old project if you had any other videos on there already.

I don't have any idea why this happens however.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Stephanie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2009 23:33

bren794 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Stephanie once again for your reply.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Split the audio track from the video track. Then start trimming. The audio will remain intact. However the length of audio track will be more than the trimmed video track which you need to adjust.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2009 02:06

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

bren794 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Babdi for your reply.I'm not sure what you mean.I am trying to trim video clips and leave the audio track alone. When I trim the video I find the audio track is trimmed from it's end -not even in the same place. I think I'm a little confused by your first sentence;"split the audio track from the video track". If you could explain a little more I'd very much appreciayte it. Thank you once again.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
When you insert the video clip you will notice the audio track underneath it.
Right click the clip and select "Split audio". The audio will split and go to music track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2009 10:29

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

bren794 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Babdi Once again thanks for this. However I think I've been inaccurate with my description of the problem:when I said audio I meant music track. I inserted music into the the music track and it was this that trimmed from the end when I split and deleted video clips.There is no logical reason why the programme should do this as it serves no function so I wonder whether this is an issue with PD7? Thanks again.
Bob50 [Avatar]
Member Location: Australia Joined: Dec 12, 2008 23:40 Messages: 88 Offline
[Post New]
This happens to me too and I am using PD6 so not just an issue with PD7. What I do is just slide the music track to the side out of the way, trim the video, then just slide the music track back in place. I now get into the habit of adding my music clips last (after all the video trimming) so there is less hassle. Not sure if there is an easier way but this works for me.
Bob
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding too, as there are a lot of different terms and interpretations going on here.

But the first thing I always do after I've put something in either the Voice or Music track, is to lock that track by clicking on the little padlock icon. That way, no matter what trimming functions I do to the Master track, the Music track is locked in position and can not be edited or changed without unlocking it again.
If you do not lock the Music/Voice track, then it will change and automatically get trimmed to the duration of any edits you make on the Master track. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
babindia
[Post New]
Okay the problem is video track & audio track need to de linked or de-grouped so that even if you trim the video the audio stays intact.

You will notice a small padlock icon on the left the audio track. Lock it by clicking it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2009 23:31

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

bren794 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you everybody for replying to my problem. I'm going to try the suggestions and report back. Thanks again.
Bob50 [Avatar]
Member Location: Australia Joined: Dec 12, 2008 23:40 Messages: 88 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston, you are a genius once again. That sounds like a much easier way of doing it than I was, I didn't know that and I will lock the music track in future....phew! much easier!
bren794 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes it worked. Locking the Music track is the answer. Thanks for all the help from everybody.