Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Im moving all apps to a new PC. I have a purchased and licensed verion of PhotoDirector 8. I cannot find anywhere to downlod it. How can I download PhotoDirector 8 again?
thanks
Im setting up a new PC. I have a purchased verion of PowerDVD with license shown in my Cyberlink account, but I cannot find anywhere to download v21. How does one install PowerDVD 21 on a new PC?
thanks
I'm moving to another computer and have 100 or so videos that Ive edited in PD on the old computer.
I understand "Packing" a project will allow me to move that projects files where ever and still edit on another computer.

However, thats a lot of Packing to do on projects I did not perform the Packing function on in the past.
I have tried moving the project files from the old to the new computer while maintaining their file organization integrity, but PD on the new computer is not able to find the "Media Content" when I open Power Directors ".PDS" project file.

Is there any way to set a pointer or other methods other than Packing that will allow a 2nd computer to run PD from the original .pds project file?
Now Im wondering if the PD20 and 21 crashing had to do with a corrupted .wav audio file I was using.
When attempting to edit the file in PD21, it would would crash.
Perhaps, even after uninstalling and reinstalling PD21, there was some remnant left from this file causing PD to continually crash.
When I reinstalling PD as described above, I choose the option to not recover past settings and now I wonder if that was ultimately the solution.

It is not corrupt, maybe just lack of understanding or someone claiming corrupt. The fact that PD or AD can't deal with it does not make it corrupt, it's just lack of capability by those two products. As explained prior, for your current record setting it is essentially 2 channel stereo. You just need to combine as such.

Jeff

I vote corrupt or at least incompatible.
In PD the .wav is 5 times longer then the video version of the exact same audio
and when attempting to edit it crashes PD21 immediately.
Audio Director reports it as corrupt.
Audacity will handle it to convert to a .mp3 that can be imported back and used by PD.

The attached screen shot shows the wav file being 5 times longer then the same recording mp4 file.

I believe they all can have issues, it's usually beneficial having some experience with knowing what to expect with the file version you have based on what created it vs just trusting a utility as a fact. Often, even OEM manuals don't document well enough what they are providing.

3 front is probably a good description as well, to my knowledge, GoPro currently does not use their Ch 4, it's always blank.

Jeff

that makes sense, as the GoPro has three microphones in the camera.
My application is recording the sound of the vehicle moving offroad. I want to record the tire-on-road sounds and the grunt of the engine when climbing hills.
The issue I was trying to work on is that the camera's internal mic, whose audio that is embedded with the video, is compressed and background sounds, such as the engine fan, get loud in the absence of louder sounds.

The separate audio .wav file the GoPro can provide can be selected for any one of three levels of processing with selections from none to low compression, I was hoping these files would give better-recorded results without amplifying the background sounds I dont want, like the engine fans. I was hoping the audio would be less compressed. But the corrupted .wav file, requiring it to be separately processed into a .mp3 is just adds another step to an already involved process to edit a video together. At this point Ill probably try to work with the embedded audio vs the .raw using 2 external mics strategically placed.

Thanks for the insight!
Quote Thanks very much for the 2 clips.

I don't have any idea what's going on the the GoPro app, but the WAV file it generated is in fact 2:20 long according to the clip's internal metadata:

It does play at the correct speed in Win 11's Media Player, and the legacy QuickTime and Windows Media players on my system,. However, VLC shows a duration of 2:20 but it actually plays back at 10x that speed (according to the playback timer).

ClipChamp doesn't seem to be able to open it and AD also gives me the corrupted file message.

If I look at the original clip, there's all kinds of extra audio in the header:

I have to assume that something in there is causing some programs to not play the clip properly, although I had no issues when producing to the Best Matched Format in PD365 just now.You can download the produced clip from here.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and confirm some of things I was experiencing.
Quote As is always the case when PD seems to be having trouble with any particular file, it's best to provide the full specs or otherwise share the clip directly.

To glean and share the full specs, please follow the steps in this post.

I attached the video clip and the associated .wav file recorded by GoPro. A short video counting to 10. The video is only 24 seconds long but the .wav file is 2min 20s long. See the prior screenshot of PD21 and the 2 clips.

When trying to Produce with the .wav, PD21 crashes.

And AudioDirector says the .wav is corrupted and won't open.

When using Audacity to convert the .wav to a .mp3, the .mp3 then becomes 24 seconds long.

At this point, I'll have to assume from all the results above that I can't use the GoPros' separate .wav audio files directly in PD21 as they are incompatible without that extra conversion step with Audacity.

thanks!

Im attempting to find ways to improve the audio recording from the internal mics of the GoPro.
They offer the option to provide an unprocessed .wav file in addition to the embedded audio in the video.
However, when viewing both in PD21, the .wav file shows to be 5 times as long. See the attached screen shot.
The actual audio however is paced correctly but offset.
Also the .wave file cannot be edited in PD21 without crashing PD.
Further, Audio Director 13 shows it as a corrupted file.
If I use Audacity to convert the .wav to a .mp3 then the file is the correct length and syncs with the video.

Any experience with GoPro in this regard, e.g., use their separate .wav file?

Thanks!
Thank you, PD Moderator. Excellent tips. I very much appreciate that you read and understood my cry for help.

That said, it's working now. I dont know why, but I can describe the steps I took.

1) I restored my entire boot drive image (where PD21 is installed) to 2 days ago when PD21 was working and PD still crashed after 30 seconds.

2) Good tip on Safe Mode. PD21 worked Safe Mode and crashed in normal mode. So as you suggested, some driver update is probably the issue...not PD.

3) I uninstalled PD21, restarted the PC, and re-installed PD21, selecting the choice to NOT remember saved settings (maybe that was the key?).
And PD21 now appears to be working. I then installed the patch, and PD21 is still working.

So thank you for the help.

Using a Deep CLean 3rd party software scares me. For future reference, can you suggest a reliable Deep Clean software?

Thanks again!
Ive attached the Dxdiag.

Suddenly, after years of reliable use, PD has started to crash shortly after startup, 30 seconds. This is PD21 with no project, no media .

Just leaving it alone, doing nothing, it will crash within 30 seconds.

Ive made no changes to the PC and again I have been successfully using PD19, 20, 21 on this same laptop for a few years now....until today.

Things ive tried:
a) I installed the patch to get to the latest version and no change in behavior, still crashes. Rebooted PC and still crashes
b) Uninstalled and reinstalled PD21. Still crashes
c) Restored PD21 from 3 days old backup and still crashes.
d) Uninstalled 21 and installed PD20. Still crashes.

Any ideas to get me back on the air?

Thanks
AFter a dozen tries the 2902 patch dowloaded and installed.....but........it crashes now even worse.
Within a few seconds of starting, PD21 will crash and provide an Oops message as in the attached.
I rebooted PC and the crash still happens.

I then uninstalled PD21 and installed PD20.......and PD20 crashes now!

What is going on!. After years of solid performance, now I cannot even start the program.
There were no changes done to this PC.

Please help!
Suddenly today, PD21 crashes when I play a GoPro Video and presents an "Ooops" window instructing to download a patch.
When I download the patch,, it stopped at 99% complete, and eventually askes to check the internet connection and just closing.
I have tried it 8 times to download the path all with the same result.

My PD21 has not become unusable and I cannot even play a video without it crashing with the Oops message.

Whats going on?
Mine is crashing too!. I cannot play a file but Im hardwired to the ethernet.
A message appeared when it crashed to download a path. When I try to download the patch the download stops at 99% and just stalls. Then eventually stops and asked to check the internet connection.

Im hoping this is something get fixed quickly as I was in the middle of a project.

Would be nice if you'd supplied a pic with executable names, but I'm assuming they might have something in the name like "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1" if so, scroll down to the appropriate area of this link for details. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Jeff

I tried to attach a list....but they are mostly titled like "ContentPack_Essential_PowerDirector_PCP190327-01-11.exe.

From the link you provided, while not exactly the same names, I see that once executed they ad features into the PD21 program itself.

THank you for the help

Would be nice if you'd supplied a pic with executable names, but I'm assuming they might have something in the name like "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1" if so, scroll down to the appropriate area of this link for details. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Jeff
PD21 comes with 6 executable files called "Content Packs". What do these packs provide. When the file is executed to they install features directly into the PD21 application? Is there a list somewhere of what features these provide? thank you
Quote Yes, set the default transition type to Overlap in Preferences, like this

thanks. Yes I had that but it does not also add the transition to the audio track.
Quote Another option, especially if you've made lots of other edits to the clip, is to go back through the autosaved projects and see if you can find one where the other edits are in place but before you made the unwanted audio changes.

If you can find that, you can copy it then reopen the current project and replace the current version.

Excellent point. Thanks!
Quote All transitions fade the audio unless you've applied the transition to the end of a single clip or if you have the transition type set to Cross, instead of Overlap. Does this discussion help?

I used the Fade "Cross" transition and there is no visual transition in the audio timeline nor is there any actual audio transition when listening.
Interestingly, if I select or double click on the "Cross" transition in the timeline to display the Fade options, then select "Overlap" the audio transition appears in the timeline and then immediately select back to "Cross", the audio transition remains in the audio timeline as a Cross transition.

Is there a way to assign an audio transition to a Fade Cross so its done automatically without the extra steps mentioned above?
Go to: