Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and Audio Transition in one?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I always though the video transition also did audio but Im seeing now it does not.
Is there a way to have or create a transition that includes the audio track?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All transitions fade the audio unless you've applied the transition to the end of a single clip or if you have the transition type set to Cross, instead of Overlap. Does this discussion help?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2023 01:32

rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote All transitions fade the audio unless you've applied the transition to the end of a single clip or if you have the transition type set to Cross, instead of Overlap. Does this discussion help?

I used the Fade "Cross" transition and there is no visual transition in the audio timeline nor is there any actual audio transition when listening.
Interestingly, if I select or double click on the "Cross" transition in the timeline to display the Fade options, then select "Overlap" the audio transition appears in the timeline and then immediately select back to "Cross", the audio transition remains in the audio timeline as a Cross transition.

Is there a way to assign an audio transition to a Fade Cross so its done automatically without the extra steps mentioned above?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2023 10:32

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, set the default transition type to Overlap in Preferences, like this

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used the Fade "Cross" transition and there is no visual transition in the audio timeline nor is there any actual audio transition when listening.
Interestingly, if I select or double click on the "Cross" transition in the timeline to display the Fade options, then select "Overlap" the audio transition appears in the timeline and then immediately select back to "Cross", the audio transition remains in the audio timeline as a Cross transition.

Is there a way to assign an audio transition to a Fade Cross so its done automatically without the extra steps mentioned above?

No, there is always at least one extra step to get audio transition with Cross. It was clearly covered in the second to the last post in the link optodata supplied.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, set the default transition type to Overlap in Preferences, like this

thanks. Yes I had that but it does not also add the transition to the audio track.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote thanks. Yes I had that but it does not also add the transition to the audio track.

I don't know what to tell you. This is what's supposed to happen with the 2 different transition behaviors as you can clearly see here: