Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Obviously, I don’t have the answer. The specs say that PD can write BD disks (nothing about RE though). I would certainly try to “burn” the disk to an iso file, and then burn the BD-RE disk with another burning software. That at least rules out that the BD-RE disk does not work.
And… inform CL technical support about this. They will ask a bunch of questions and will suggest that you upgrade the drivers, reinstall the software and maybe even windows.
Let us know how it goes.

I successfully burned the disc using different softwear so it is not the disc. Haven't contacted technical support yet.
I tried to burn a burn ray disc using a TDK BD-RE but a got a message disc type not supported? I was able to burn a regular DVD AVCHD type and it burned fine.
Why can't I burn a Bluray?
Quote Well, there is no Roto Brush in PowerDirector, as there is in After Effects. But there are a number of ways to do this effect, depending on how much work you want to put into it.

You could simply cross-dissolve from the video clip of the wall to the video clip of the man in front of the wall. That's a simple way to do it. Other transitions will make him appear in more interesting ways.

More high-level effects would involve using animated masks to reveal him one appendage at a time. But, again, that depends on how much work you want to put into it. If you just want to have the man appear to dissolve through the wall or appear magically, a simple cross-dissolve or transition will do.

Thanks, Steve.

Are there any video tutorials on how to do animated masks?

Are you the author of The Muvipox guide to Cyberlink PowerDirector 20? If so I just bought your book.
I can't quite figure out how to do the walk through wall effect in PD. I watched a tutorial on Youtube how to do it in After Effects but don't know if it can be done in PD. I was able to do it with video taken perpendicular to the person walking through the wall using a vertical mask. But when the person is walking toward the camera lens it is more difficult to achieve this effect.

The tutorial I watched was called: How to walk through a wall in After Effects. June 4, 2017

thanks
I added the blur effect to video shot through a passenger car window. I want the blur to be mainly horizontal to make it look like the car is going faster. There doesn't seem to be separate controls for vertical and horizontal blur. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Hi,

Am I right in assuming that the last 10 clips were similar to the first batch, so that when you say the Speech Enhancement tool stopped working/ did not work, do you mean it literally stopped working or that the results were not as expected (based on the previous clips)?

Obviously, if the tool stopped working altogether probably you'd be advised to contact CS and at least get that in the system.

If it is that the tool didn't work as expected on those clip then I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that? Examples of the problem might be useful - a short clip that worked and one that didn't perhaps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, they were all the same type clips. The tool worked perfectly for most clips but didn't work as expected for some. Now it is working again with the clips it previously did not work with. It is a mystery. If it happens again I will send a short sample video.
thanks,

Heavytiger
I have 9 minutes of clips on my timeline. Many of them were taken indoors and the actors voice is not distinct. So I used the speech enhansement tool without changing any settings. It worked great until I tried to apply it to the last 10 clips at end of my project. It made the speech worse instead of improving it. I tired different settings but that did not help. I even tried opening a new project with just the last fiew clips of my original project on the timeline. Again the speech enhancement tool did not work. I also tried rendering the clips but that did not help.
Any suggestions?
I opened my application manager and clicked to intall lightning sticker pack. (See attachment) However, I can't find it in powerdirector. Do I need to do more than just click to install or am I not looking in the right place in PD to find it?

thanks,
Sometimes I accidently have a 1 or 2 frame gap between multiple clips on one track or multiple tracks. I know how to remove a gap between two clips if I can find it. But how do I remove all gaps on a track at the same times rather than searching for possible gaps.

thanks
I think it is called trail effect but I can't find it.

Also I am making a Flash superhero video with my grandkids. How can I add a trailing light speed effect like in the Flash movie that trails from the back of Flash's back, arms, and legs as he is running.
I am adding PowerDirectors lightning effect to a person who is running. I want the lightning to emanate from the back of the persons shoulders. This is constantly changing so I am repositioning the lightning every frame or two. Is there a way to put a tracker on a spot on the runner where I want to put the lightning to be positioned so PD can do automatic calculations?

thanks
PowerDirector suite 365 is on sale for $89 dollars. After 1 year the renewal is $139. Is the renewal charge ever on sale?

thanks
I have always purchased PD on a disc. So I am not sure how to do the download version. I have a 1 TB solid state drive and a second spin drive that is 5 TB's. Which drive should I download to? If I download to my second drive and intall will it automaticly install the program to drive C? And in the future if there is a problem with drive C and I need a new drive can I then reinstall to a new drive C from my spin drive?

Sorry for the elementary questions?
If I update to Powerdirector 20 or 365 do I have to purchase audio director to be able to edit surround sound in powerdirector or is surround sound editing part of Powerdirector 20.

thanks,
I just wanted to let our community know I made a request to Newblue to develop a special effects generator plug-in. My request was sent to the development team. Professional quality special effects such as fire, smoke, rain, snow, cool looking particles can spice up video.

The more requests they receive the more likely they will consisder developing a special effects generator. If you are interested you can make a request using this link https://www.newbluefx.com/support/contact

thanks,

HT
Is there any way I can direct the sound for 5.1 surround without owning audio director? Can it be done in PD 15? Is there a panner in PD?

Ht
Kyle and Pix

Pix you put a lot of effort in responding to my question. Thank you very much.

Kyle thank you for your honest assessment. I guess some of the things I want to be able to do require professional level software if they are to be done efficiently.

HT
Thanks Klye. That helped for changing the color of a moving object. But do you know if part of a scene can be completely masked out so a second background layer can become visible?

HT
I don't own color director but I have a few questions about what it is capable of doing.

Let's pretend wonder woman throws her magic lasso. As it uncoils you want it to take on a magic golden glow. Is this possible to do in color director? The rope is becoming longer and straighter very quickly.

Can color director be used to make a mask that would exactly outline the shape of an object. For instance a man is running and you only want the man to be in the video but everything else in the video would be covered by a matt or mask (if I am using the correct terminology) so other video can replace it like what is done in green screen. I am not sure but maybe I am describing a garbage matt.

thanks,

HT
I deleted both the original and PM messages.

thanks for your help.

Heavytiger
Go to: