Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Make blur horizontal
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I added the blur effect to video shot through a passenger car window. I want the blur to be mainly horizontal to make it look like the car is going faster. There doesn't seem to be separate controls for vertical and horizontal blur. Am I missing something?

thanks, Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I added the blur effect to video shot through a passenger car window. I want the blur to be mainly horizontal to make it look like the car is going faster. There doesn't seem to be separate controls for vertical and horizontal blur. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Hi,

Sorry, can't really help - I've done a trawl through the effects and can't find a specific motion blur, which would be ideal. I looked at the Shear effect but that doesn't really work.

So unless anyone can come up with an alternative, I'm stuck.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are paid 3rd party tools that will do what you're looking for. The legacy NewBlue Motion Effects pack has a Motion Blur which has directional and angle controls. Pixelan's CreativeEase pack has OrganiBlur and BlurPro FX, which will give you virtually unlimited control over the distortions. They also have a dedicated BlurMaster pack.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The NewBlue motion effects pack posted on 6/25/2022 on another thread by optodata works well in PD365 and is free to use for 14 days. After viewing what it does. It looks like you can approximate it with the tools in PD365 and by following the tutorials in the Cyberlink tutorial channel.