Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc type not supported
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to burn a burn ray disc using a TDK BD-RE but a got a message disc type not supported? I was able to burn a regular DVD AVCHD type and it burned fine.
Why can't I burn a Bluray? Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Obviously, I don’t have the answer. The specs say that PD can write BD disks (nothing about RE though). I would certainly try to “burn” the disk to an iso file, and then burn the BD-RE disk with another burning software. That at least rules out that the BD-RE disk does not work.
And… inform CL technical support about this. They will ask a bunch of questions and will suggest that you upgrade the drivers, reinstall the software and maybe even windows.
Let us know how it goes.
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Obviously, I don’t have the answer. The specs say that PD can write BD disks (nothing about RE though). I would certainly try to “burn” the disk to an iso file, and then burn the BD-RE disk with another burning software. That at least rules out that the BD-RE disk does not work.
And… inform CL technical support about this. They will ask a bunch of questions and will suggest that you upgrade the drivers, reinstall the software and maybe even windows.
Let us know how it goes.

I successfully burned the disc using different softwear so it is not the disc. Haven't contacted technical support yet.