Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
speech enhancement tool stopped working
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Online
[Post New]
I have 9 minutes of clips on my timeline. Many of them were taken indoors and the actors voice is not distinct. So I used the speech enhansement tool without changing any settings. It worked great until I tried to apply it to the last 10 clips at end of my project. It made the speech worse instead of improving it. I tired different settings but that did not help. I even tried opening a new project with just the last fiew clips of my original project on the timeline. Again the speech enhancement tool did not work. I also tried rendering the clips but that did not help.
Any suggestions? Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have 9 minutes of clips on my timeline. Many of them were taken indoors and the actors voice is not distinct. So I used the speech enhansement tool without changing any settings. It worked great until I tried to apply it to the last 10 clips at end of my project. It made the speech worse instead of improving it. I tired different settings but that did not help. I even tried opening a new project with just the last fiew clips of my original project on the timeline. Again the speech enhancement tool did not work. I also tried rendering the clips but that did not help.
Any suggestions?

Hi,

Am I right in assuming that the last 10 clips were similar to the first batch, so that when you say the Speech Enhancement tool stopped working/ did not work, do you mean it literally stopped working or that the results were not as expected (based on the previous clips)?

Obviously, if the tool stopped working altogether probably you'd be advised to contact CS and at least get that in the system.

If it is that the tool didn't work as expected on those clip then I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that? Examples of the problem might be useful - a short clip that worked and one that didn't perhaps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Online
[Post New]

Hi,

Am I right in assuming that the last 10 clips were similar to the first batch, so that when you say the Speech Enhancement tool stopped working/ did not work, do you mean it literally stopped working or that the results were not as expected (based on the previous clips)?

Obviously, if the tool stopped working altogether probably you'd be advised to contact CS and at least get that in the system.

If it is that the tool didn't work as expected on those clip then I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that? Examples of the problem might be useful - a short clip that worked and one that didn't perhaps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, they were all the same type clips. The tool worked perfectly for most clips but didn't work as expected for some. Now it is working again with the clips it previously did not work with. It is a mystery. If it happens again I will send a short sample video.
thanks,

Heavytiger Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger