Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director 6 burning error A0000005 [SORTED]
Markheath99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 11:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
can anyone help me please, when burning to dvd, completes burning titles (45%) then fails with error code A0000005, any clues as to how to get round this, very frustrating as tried trial version okay, bought a copy and fails at first attempt !!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2007 07:52

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Mark
PD6 has a patch. Have you applied it ?
Here is the link:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/download_hotlink.jsp

Good luck !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2007 11:21

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Jo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2007 16:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Babdi
I have the same problem, but I can't find a patch for this. I can only see 1 patch, but it's for something completely different. I talked to the support centre and the last I've heard, they are still working on a fix.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Mark and Jo, I'm making enquiries, when I have an answer I'll post.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Tony S [Avatar]
Newbie Location: London Joined: Oct 01, 2007 17:53 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I too am getting this problem although I sometimes get into the 90 odd %.
It's very frustrating.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mark, Jo and Tony S have all been sorted with a driver file replacement - I'm waiting for each of them to report back.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2007 12:24

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
A patch has been released to resolve any outstanding issues.

The patch is relevant for users who have experienced the following problems.
Issue List:

* Supports the import and conversion of files in the AVCHD format.
* Fixes the bug that occurs when burning a disc and the user receives the pop up error message A0000005.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

Dafydd
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 21:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

I have Power Director Deluxe 6.00.2120a and it also giving me the same error message A0000005 - when I burn the movie at 46% position.

I've followed the clue as above, downloaded the patch and run it, same message appeared. uninstall & reinstall the PD6 and then run the patch, same message appeared. Done this uninstall & reinstall + patch for 3 times and get bored after that.

Can anybody help, what can go wrong at this time. My computer has pentium 4 - 3 GHz HT, 2 Gig RAM and 200 Gig hard disk.

Thanks,
Michael
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I'll need some info from you.

PM me your full name, email address and country. I'll then ask for some info from you and see what can be done etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 21:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My name is Michael Santana, email: michaelraymondsantana@yahoo.co.id, country - Indonesia.

Hope this can help.

Thanks,
Michael
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2007 12:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I need some help or feedback.

After I purchased Power Director 6 I was able to make two videos and while attempting to make the 3rd I received this error code a0000005.

I have updated my firmware, installed the patch, and unitalled and reinstalled the program several times.

I have also removed every editing saftware from my computer with the exception of what came with it from Dell.

I have a XPSM140 with 120 gig (50 remaining) 1gig of ram, and I have made sure my works folder is empty. I have tried to butn just a file and a disk but no matter what I keep getting this error.

However, today I was able to burn a six minute video onto a disk. I have also remade the one video project i need the most several times and still no luck. I am now getting the error code again. The file type I am importing is an avi from my Fuji digital camera sd card.

Customer service has been responsive but does not seem to be able to provide a solution.

If anyone has had any luck with solutions please let me know. My OS is Windows xp media edition 2003. Thanks

Mark Cukro

Mark Cukro
Kenshin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2007 04:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear all,

I have tried the same as Michael, install the patch and the burning error A0000005 continued to appear. I have unistall PD6, installed again, installed the patch and the same error appeared.

I do not know what else can I do to solve this.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot.
Charles.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi All,

I have been trying to get information for CyberLink - requiring the whole of the project data - every darn file for them to localise and replicate. So far the error message appears to be occurring on large projects and where there is a corrupted file added/included within the project - and it's interfering with the write process.

I would expect an editor to carry out a test project - using files initially from a new source and then create a project utilising some of the files from the A000005 project - basically trying to isolate the possible corrupted file.

If you're willing to upload a project that does have the A0000005 message please PM me.

Storing a project for uploading:
Open PD
Project in the time-line
Go to > File > Export > Pack project Materials
Browse for Location - Select > Make New Folder > OK

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2007 07:01

Vanloon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2007 17:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings;
I also have the same problem as the aforementioned people. I downloaded the patch but to no avail. I would be willing to upload my project but as you know it is fairly large and will take considerable time to upload.
Let me know if there is a quicker way.

Thanking you in advance
Alexander
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alexander,

Please send me your full name, email address and Country (location) in a PM message.

Thank you for offering.

Dafydd
Bern [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2007 23:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

I face the same error during burning. Support centre sent me a PDR.exe file to replace the original PDR.exe file in the program. The problem is gone.

However, i face triming problem which never happen before i replace the PDR.exe file. I think there is a conflict between the original and new PDR.exe file.

Waiting for support centre to response. It's been 3 days of waiting now.... sigh....
Leanne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2007 21:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this problem as well, and it is strangely reminiscent of the problem I had with my original PowerDirector (v.4, I think). I get to 43% and get the a0000005 error code "burning failed." I can produce the video, but it will not burn. My file is all jpeg images in a 5-minute slideshow, not very big (the Produce file is 193MB) and my computer was custom-built to do exactly this kind of project (mega RAM, mega speed, fab video card) so it isn't a capacity issue.
Cyberlink needs to figure this out and fix it.
Leanne

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2007 21:21

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your input.

Just a couple of things I need from you... for you to do.

1. Carry out a simple test
2. I'd like you to Export the whole of your project and make it available to CyberLink to test.

Reasons; The test is to see if you can write to disc using data that's NOT in your project. While the Export bit is because those that have had the problem have not been able to supply a project for CyberLink to "test".

Simple test:
Open PD6 - latest version is 2319 http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html
Drag Aquarium.mpg to the time-line x 3
Drag the cherry, windmill and tulip jpgs into the time-line
Add chapters (3 will be enough)
Select and drag down a Magic Music audio file
Select Create Disc
Default menu template is okay
Click on Create Disc Preferences (Spanner icon)
Menu tab > untick Enable video thumbnail > OK
Burn icon > Click
Tick > Create a DVD folder (this is a test)
Folder Directory = C:\MyVideos\Testonly\
Click OK

Let me know if this was successful - I'd like you to repeat the sequence with a "Burn to disc" as well please.

Export:
File > Export > File Project Material (you'll have to select the location folder/new folder)

For the export bit I'd require you to PM me your full name, email address and country location. I'd have to send you ftp upload data instructions from CyberLink.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
PS I wrote most of the above from memory... so if I've made an error please forgive me... just ask if you don't understand.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2007 04:36

Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2007 02:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. It's been intermittent for me until recently - I thought I just had a couple of bad DVDs. I guess that is not the case.

I tried the 75MB patch and that did nothing.

I then installed the PDR.exe that I got from Support, and that cause the burn to fail (just lock up, no errors) at 27%.

My video is about an hour long.

I'll try to home project above and post results.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2007 02:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the test and everything worked.

I did not know what a 'Magic Music' file was, though, so I imported an dragged-in the Party.mp3, instead.

I thought the 'Pack project materials' option would pack the project materials, but it just seems to copy the source files to a directory. I created a zip download and uploaded it and the individual parts.

http://www.acromedia.com/peter/cyberlink/testburn/cyberlink.zip

Please let me know if you need anything else. I might also be able to provide remote access to my PC if it can help get this resolved quicker.