Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Syncing Issues When Transferring Footage Into Timeline
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked a billion times, but I didn't see a search option for this specific forum.

Anyway, I have been editing a short film on PD8 for the last 6 months, without much trouble. However, I am currently running into a problem with audio syncing that was never an issue before. Whenever I try to play my uploaded footage that I have transferred into the film's timeline, the audio completely loses synchronization with the footage. Any idea how I can fix this?

My set-up:

Windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512MB)
6GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Quad Core Q8200
640GB HDD

Again, I stress that I have never encountered these problems before.
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. When I clip the video, the audio does not clip with it and still plays from the beginning.

Windows 7
Dell Studio 1558
Intel i3
[Post New]
I too am looking for tips or tricks with the audio sync issue. I purchased PD 8 ultra about a month ago. I have
been working on a 90 minute video with photos and video avi's with transitions between all clips. My audio is
out of sync with the video by about 1-2 seconds (slow). This is about the same time as the transitions between clips.

It's almost as if the the transition is pushing the audio on the next avi clip over by 1 second, causing the audio to be 1 second or so slower than the video. During the transition, you can hear the previous avi audio. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
ro22tol
It's almost as if the the transition is pushing the audio on the next avi clip over by 1 second, causing the audio to be 1 second or so slower than the video. During the transition, you can hear the previous avi audio.

Audio will overlap through a transition - you need to edit by selecting Audio Mixing Room.

If audio is out of sync in a project please attach screenshots of your project and perhaps be prepared to make available your project (may not be needed if sufficient info is given). I'd also like a diagnostic file of your systems please so members can help you.

Details to guide you: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page#34439

Dafydd
[Post New]
I think I just found a cure for my audio sync 1 second issue. I took Dafydd's advice and tried to find the
audio mixing room. Never did find it, cause while looking, I found "split audio" when I right clicked on the avi.
This removed the audio from the avi and put it into the
either the sound or music track. Solved my issue!!!!!
Interesting that when I did this to two clips side by side
the 1st audio dropped down to voice track, the second
audo dropped down to music track, and they actually overlap in the tmeline....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2010 09:41

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA