Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
activated PD 8, but it didn't ask me to register?
[Post New]
I have used PD 4,5,6 and now purchased 8 ultra. I had no problems acitivating it, and it works fine, but it never asked me to register it with
cyberlink. It also does not show up in my cyberlink member profile.

Should I uninstall and reinstall, or will it ask for registration at some future
time.

It appears to be working fine

PD 8 ultra build 8.00.2013

Thanks for any suggestions. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
First of all you need to update to build 2704

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

The main problem you could have, if the program is not registered, is if you need to retrieve your activation key, because CyberLink will have no record of your purchase, registration can also be used as proof of purchase if you ever needed to download in the future due to computer crash, files become corrupted or any other unforseen reason.
It may be worth contacting Technical Support and ask them the question of why the registration screen does not appear.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
I think I will uninstall and reinstall, I may have missed something along the way. I willl then update the build. If I still can't register it, I will contact customer service.

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
[Post New]
I uninstalled, reinstalled and ran the updated patch with no problems. But the porgram still did not aske me to register. I am not going to worry about it. I have the key code in case I need it in the future. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Save (back up your data) the PD8 program and contents pack onto a disc and the activation key.
Dafydd
[Moderator]