Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 5 final produced DVD's discs "freeze" when playing back on any dvd machine
[Post New]
I have PD 5. I have made three seperate 50-55 minutes DVD movies. On all three I have had no problems creating a file, producing the file to HQ DVD. But when I play the DVD back there will always be a spot that the playback freezes and you can't go past that spot. It can occur anywhere on the DVD. With each of the 3 movies I made 2 copies under "create disc" and both copies of each movie freeze or stops at the same spot regardless of what playback device I put it into. The file plays great on the computer, but the final produced dvd disc freezes at some point. With movie #1 it stops at 30 minutes into it. A different movie #2 stops at 15 minutes into it. etc. etc.

1. Could it be the DVD burner? But why would each DVD then freeze at the exact same spot?

2. Could it be in the rendering process?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ross Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
[Post New]
Problem solved. After messing around with this all day Sunday, I did a google search of my problem and found that there is alot of bad DVD media out there. I was told that Sony from Japan was good but Sony from Taiwan was bad. Also Verbatim from Taiwan was good but Verbatim from Japan was bad. All Phillips is bad too. Anway, I have always used nothing but Sony. I checked and my recent ones were from Taiwan (bad). Went and go some Verbatim from Taiwan and all is well now!

So, if you have playback issues, make sure you have good media. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
grumpysister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2007 18:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the great tip! :