Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
EUREKA....... HALLELUJAH......
PRAISE THE LORD.........And thank you JL.
I unchecked the SVRT3 box as you suggested and hey presto,
after 4 weeks my movies are lip sync perfect.
How come customer support didn’t suggest this instead of saying it was because I was putting in transitions. Anyway thanks again JL.
Ever thought of getting a job with Cyberlink.

Bruce, You are exacly right in what you say about Cyberlink Support.
I too have requested a refund, and have been told that I am "out of time" What they fail to realise is that the problem that I've had with their product has lasted all of the so called 30 days of trial. They gave me a link to reply to the refusal. and guess what,The link goes nowhere. And you are right about their answer's, I got the same answer 3 times, One answer was it's because I am using the transitions! HELLO, why are the transitions there then. But I would urge you and anyone else who are frustrated with problems they have, Keep demanding that they resolve their problem or a refund. Just because we can't go to talk to them face to face does not mean they are untouchable.
On a positive note I find that the PD is ideal for what I want IF they can resolve the lip sync problem. I would also like to thank Dafydd for his help.
An update on my problem is that when I produce a movie in the SVRT3 .MPEG2 The lip sync goes out Even before burning to dvd.
In .MPEG1 the lip sync is ok BUT the quality is awfull.
Hi Dafydd, Just to clarify, The lip sync goes out even before burning takes place. It's after the SVRT3 part of the process that the lip sync goes.
But if produced as .MPEG1 again everything is ok?
Hi Dafydd, Just an update of the lip sync problem.
To say I am dissapointed is an understatement.
Firstly the PowerDirector has everything that I require and easily obtained
but for the dreaded lip sync problem that will not go away,and with no remedial action from customer support.
So it seems that a refund is the only option.
Just to mention as a last ditch attempt to get the problem resolved
The pds file works fine with no sync problem, but as soon as it is saved via the produce and then played back even before burning the lip sync goes to pot.
What customer support said "It happens due to occupancy of transitions"
But this is not mentioned at the insert stage of a transition.
and anyway why make transitions available if they are going to interefere
with the production of a finished movie............Pete.
Will keep you posted..........Pete.
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a laptop to a dvd recorder
to record in real time from the laptop.And if it is what connections would I need.
Hello Again,
I have gone futher with some elimination checks
and my findings are as follows....
When I arrange clips, and burn to disc and replay there is no lip sync problem.
When I arrange, and trim various clips and burn to disc again no lip sync problems.
When I arrange and trim various clips and then insert transition fades to clips and burn to disc Then there IS a lip sync problem. But not when I view as a pds file on my pc.
So it looks like the transitions are the problem!
Now to confuse things futher if I produce as .mpeg1 there are NO lip sync problems with any of the above actions but the quality is unnacceptable produce as .mpeg2 and the quality is perfect but out of sync!
Hi all, I have just done another test,
This time I have produced a finished movie in .mpeg1 instead of .mpeg2
and the lip sync is perfect, But the picture quality is awful.
Hi Again I am still waiting for a reply from the online support, But meanwhile I have done some elimination checks
When I arrange clips, and burn to disc no problem.
When I arrange, and trim various clips and burn to disc no problem.
When I arrange trim and add fades to clips and burn to disc Then lips are out of sync. But not when I view as pds on my pc.
So it looks like the transitions are the problem!
Does this give anyone ideas to a cure, Please dont say leave the transitions out........Pete.
Update on this problem..... All clips are from Panasonic SDR-H60
And when I have arranged them as I want them I then play the completed movie and it's perfectley in sync. I then save to pds file and even then when I re-open it in Power Director it plays in sync.
But as soon as I burn to dvd it goes out of sync How can this be when audio and video are together in each clip!!!!
Hi All, I have just burnt a finshed project to DVD and on playing it back I have noticed that the voice's are out of sync when I play the pds file before burning it's ok. Can anyone help
Hi All, I have about 5 films that I have saved in Production File,
When I open them again in PD7 can I now join them together with chapters 1 to 5 and would they show up on the TV as chapters (thumbnails) As per recordings of tv programs. If so how can I do it.
Many Thanks ..........Pete.
Thanks Dafydd, Clear as mud isn't it. I will study it but it looks as though I am selecting the correct file ie SD_Video...................Pete.
Hi All, When I download my movie clips from my Panasonic SDR-H60
Camcorder I get several types of files show up on my pc they are In order of appearance on the pc
DCIM, SD_VIDEO and CAMCNINF DAT FILE On opening both the dcim and the cam....dat file theres nothing there? so when I open the sd_video
I get MGR INFO, PRIVATE and PRG001 Again when I open the first two
Nothing? But in the PRG001 all my clips are there But even when I open that there are MOI FILES with nothing in them? So out of about eight folders/files there is only one that contains anything of interest to me?
Is it safe to delete all the other's.
Now sorted Thanks all.
Hi all, when I have downloaded my clips to my pc from my Panasonic SDR-H60 I would like to save them to disc before I start to edit them
They will show up as files ready to save to disc but when I put a disc in my pc the files will not down load,Any ideas.
Barry,
Only two clips have disapeared from a video track of about 20 clips?
Hi all, I am well on my way to editing some clips together and quite pleased with the results, BUT I'm not sure what I have done because for some reason I have lost a couple of clips and where they were on the video track there are now two blank spaces. All I remember doing was experimenting with the "Take a snapshot button" I wonder if someone could throw some light on my problem so that I dont lose anymore clips.
PS. I did have a couple of copies of the pds file that I was working on and the clips have gone off those video tracks too even though I was working on the original???????
Thanks for replies, When I have finished working on a pds file and then save as a movie clip (with the movie clip icon) for some reason it will not burn to a cd? I was hoping to get a collection of these clips (complete movies) and burn them all to cd!!!!!
Please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious as mentioned I am a
newcomer.
Also which is the better quality Mpeg 1 or Mpeg 2 for dvd player.
Hi All From A Newbie,
Is there anyway that I can join several video's together?
Let me explain.....I have several wildlife clips which I have joined together as a complete video and when I save it it saves as a PDS file
which will only open up with Power Director so when I do how can a add another video (clips) to it?
Hi All From A Newbie, I am currently on a Trial version at the moment
soon to have the full version. Can someone tell me how to get severall film clips onto a cd I am using DVD+RW and everytime I edit a film and burn to disc it say's erase disc first so how can a build up a selection of films on a disc!!! Am I missing something........Pete.
Go to: