Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PC TO DVD RECORDER
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a laptop to a dvd recorder
to record in real time from the laptop.And if it is what connections would I need.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2008 08:42

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Peter,

You will have to experiment on this issue yourself. Utilising the capability of a external recorder will need you to look at the PC's media out and whether the signal will retain high enough quality and the data can be read by the recorder.

Since both pieces of hardware are with you... you need to crawl around to the back of both and see what options are available.

In a way it's the PD7 out option but you need to check the cables and experiment.

We'd all be interested in what you come back with.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2008 04:04

Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
I mean, the connector at the backside of the laptop must be a TV-out. Viele Gruesse Georg
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Georg.

The TV out route is something a lot of us have done.... at some stage. I was concerned about the quality expectations and if he's going to use an RCA connection then... that could negate the "live capture out feed" because it might not be high res.

Hooking a laptop to a TV is easy
Playing a video on a laptop to display on a TV is easy.
I'm not sure a DVD recorder will accept the signal.... heck there is nothing to lose by trying.

Dafydd

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2008 04:28

ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Will keep you posted..........Pete.