Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Letting off steam
Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2008 19:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
This software is buggy. My production was extremely simple by anyone's measure but would not work correctly. See my post on chapter points shifted in time. See numerous other posts on audio sync problems, program crashing, etc., etc.

Cyberlink tech support is useless. They took 3 days on average to respond and provided no help whatsoever. Their solution to everything seems to be to uninstall and reinstall the program and/or disable UAC in Vista. It doesn't help. They even told me the exact same thing twice in a row.

The moderator of this forum had no input whatsoever.

The 30 day refund policy is not worth the 'bits' it's written on. I submitted a refund request per the purchase agreement at just under 30 days. Cyberlink / DigitalRiver didn't respond for 4 days, then denied it, claiming it was over 30 days.

This post will probably be deleted shortly, but I will spend my entire life joining and posting to any video editing forum I can find so that others will not waste their money on this bad software.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 06:18

Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

The moderator of this forum had no input whatsoever.
His job is to moderate / host the discussions and he cannot be expected to be able to fix all problems at a technical level.

This software is buggy. My production was extremely simple by anyone's measure but would not work correctly. See my post on chapter points shifted in time. See numerous other posts on audio sync problems, program crashing, etc., etc.
All video editing software is, in my experience on many PCs over many years, more buggy than most other program types. I've yet to read a video editing forum for any software house that isn't filled with complaints of one kind or another.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2008 23:26

Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 01:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Bruce. Im still trying to find the best and easiest. I downloaded a trial version of Ulead Video Studio 11 and was impressed. It was the only one so far that would read my Sony Mini DVD disc, however, there was some problem in the burn process and it may have been something I did wrong. I dont understand why all the money that people pay for these programs, why they cant spend more time on the basic program and functionality vs all the pretty bells and whistles. Thanks again, Im going to trash the download. Gary
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded a trial version of Ulead Video Studio 11 and was impressed.
And I've just uninstalled it and asked for a refund because it was unable to even play through the timeline. Which just goes to show that one person's experience with such software can be quite different from another's. It depends on your system, on the format of the video you are working with, and what you are trying to achieve. There is no global good video editor for all users, nor a global bad one.
Gary [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your exactly right. I have had some programs that I loved and have read some of the most horrid reviews. I just bought a new computer and have Vista 64 bit so Im trying to find the right program all over again. Like I said the Video Studio 11 is a trial and if it doesnt burn a DVD I wont buy it. It did do a good job with the Sony mini disc and sound, something that Sony made impossible with their proprietary software. The original software wont work with Vista, or an earlier version of easy cd creator, in which I used to connvert the files to mpeg2, then burn them with other stuff. The reason I did that was because Image Mixer once wiped out my hard drive while I was burning a DVD. Why, I dont know, luckily I had it partioned and didnt lose much, but I was scared to use it the traditional way again. I just want one that does it all. Im about ready to buy a JVC or someother video camera with a hard drive as I think that would be the best way to deal with all these different variations. Man for all the money they make you would think they could solve this problem.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Bruce, I don't need to input on every posting - MY TIME IS LIMITED.

Hi8 - old tech tape cameras haven't been tested in PD7.

Deleting a post is entirely up to me - I don't need to be warned off or put on the spot.

I value Peter's input here, I know the difficulties he has been having and the manner he's approached it to localise and find a solution - by himself. I have also sought out a solution in the background directly with CyberLink.

Gary, thanks for your input.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Gary [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd:

I have read some posts after getting this computer and the cyberlink dvd software. I dont usually do a whole lot of posting so I may not be on here a lot, but I do appreciate all the time you devote to this forum. I have read various replies by you and have learned a lot. It's to bad that some members. when they first join, seem to think that you are the president of the company and give you a hard time. Thanks for spending the time to help others with this software and for your reply. Gary
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I sympathize with the frustration and time wasting and disappoint, but must offer some points worth considering. I too have had a lot of problems with PD7, and actually removed PD6 from my prior computer since it never worked in any useful way. Much to the credit of Cyberlink and Dafydd Bevan however, there has been extremely prompt and very helpful assistance, solving entirely one of my biggest problems, burning AVCHD disks. It also says a great deal positive that threads such as this one remain on the forum, since I can tell you from my own very direct and personal experience that such has NOT been the case for very similar and very legitimate complaint threads posted on the forums of 2 other major suppliers of AVCHD editing and burning software. These threads strongly resemble this "Letting off Steam" thread, and one of the more vocal ones was titled "I Give Up!!!" which only lasted a few days on a competitor's forum since their product is truly pathetic.

PD7 has alot to recommend it, and can work very well. It still needs some debugging and hopefully will eventually get these matters resolved, so I would urge you to stay with it. I intend to, despite recent build 1915 issues which have set me back, but I do see very encouraging light at the end of the tunnel.

Larry

ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Bruce, You are exacly right in what you say about Cyberlink Support.
I too have requested a refund, and have been told that I am "out of time" What they fail to realise is that the problem that I've had with their product has lasted all of the so called 30 days of trial. They gave me a link to reply to the refusal. and guess what,The link goes nowhere. And you are right about their answer's, I got the same answer 3 times, One answer was it's because I am using the transitions! HELLO, why are the transitions there then. But I would urge you and anyone else who are frustrated with problems they have, Keep demanding that they resolve their problem or a refund. Just because we can't go to talk to them face to face does not mean they are untouchable.
On a positive note I find that the PD is ideal for what I want IF they can resolve the lip sync problem. I would also like to thank Dafydd for his help.
An update on my problem is that when I produce a movie in the SVRT3 .MPEG2 The lip sync goes out Even before burning to dvd.
In .MPEG1 the lip sync is ok BUT the quality is awfull.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Aug 16. 2008 13:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Peter

If you produce in MPEG2 but untick the SVRT box do you still have the lip synch problem?

Jeff
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
EUREKA....... HALLELUJAH......
PRAISE THE LORD.........And thank you JL.
I unchecked the SVRT3 box as you suggested and hey presto,
after 4 weeks my movies are lip sync perfect.
How come customer support didn’t suggest this instead of saying it was because I was putting in transitions. Anyway thanks again JL.
Ever thought of getting a job with Cyberlink.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2008 10:25

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Peter
The truth is the best ones offer support here, free and the not so best sit behind help desk PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2008 19:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I suspected that SVRT not being so 'smart' has something to do with transitions leading to audio sync problems. See http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3533.page#13213. Unchecking SVRT did not solve my problem however.

I work for a living and don't have time to be a beta tester. Cyberlink did finally do the right thing and approve a refund for me. For that I'm grateful.

Thanks to all who attempted to help me. Good luck to you all.
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, I want to send in a file as suggested and have your instructions, But cant find anything relating to them! Is it possible to attach a file as in an email?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can email me sure, BUT what's the file?

Dafydd
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can a pds file be attached?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Zip it...as pds can get overly large. a zip brings it down in size.

Peter send me your email address. I think I have it.... in case i've been sending to the wrong Peter.

Dafydd
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Took a bit of an exception to Bruce's comment that he works for a living and doesn't have time to be a beta tester - I work for a living - long and frustrationg hours at times, and tested because I have an interest and wanted to have some input. Sure PD7 is still buggy, and burning continues as an issue, but it's still the best on the market for what it does. Dafydd has many of the frustrations that we have - PLUS - he has us to contend with as well, and frankly he's worth a dozen customer service departments. At least his and other members suggestions and work rounds are based on personal experience rather than the stock answers offerd by CL - long may it continue!! *** NB - the header did say letting off steam!! *** Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!