Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where have my clips gone????????
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I am well on my way to editing some clips together and quite pleased with the results, BUT I'm not sure what I have done because for some reason I have lost a couple of clips and where they were on the video track there are now two blank spaces. All I remember doing was experimenting with the "Take a snapshot button" I wonder if someone could throw some light on my problem so that I dont lose anymore clips.
PS. I did have a couple of copies of the pds file that I was working on and the clips have gone off those video tracks too even though I was working on the original???????
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Clips will vanish if you move or rename the folder that contains them.
PD follows the pathway to a missing folder. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,
Only two clips have disapeared from a video track of about 20 clips?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Peter, check the address to them - might be they're overly long file/folder names and they've got corrupted when saved (incomplete saved).

If you open up the saved pds file in a text editor like NotePad you might be able to localise whether this is correct.

Please remember to store close to the root directory all files and if you want to save a complete project opt for
File > Export > Pack project materials.

Please note that Barry is correct to warn you NOT to move media files around when editing video - you make trouble for yourself.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I realize that this is an ancient post, but I am having the same problem today using PD8 on Windows 7 64bit. Has anyone found a reliable solution to the disappearing timeline snippet issue?

Just to be clear, these are portions of video in a timeline for which other portions from the same root file still appear in the timeline as they shoud... weird!

EDIT
A very informative thread here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/10644.page

Though the solution is still elusive... have much to try out tonight when I get home.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2010 16:03