Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help With PD7
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All From A Newbie,
Is there anyway that I can join several video's together?
Let me explain.....I have several wildlife clips which I have joined together as a complete video and when I save it it saves as a PDS file
which will only open up with Power Director so when I do how can a add another video (clips) to it?
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Peter once you put your video together, in order to play it in any other form than in Power Director you need to produce it. You will then have the option to choose mpeg1 or mpeg2 avi etc.

When you say you want to add another video, do you mean edit so that the two videos are one long video? If so, then you add the second one to your timeline in Power Director. Even then, in order to watch them in any other format than Power Director, you need to produce the video (that takes it from a .pds (which is essentially a working file) to a video file of some sort.

Hopefully I have understood your question. If not, please clarify further.
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for replies, When I have finished working on a pds file and then save as a movie clip (with the movie clip icon) for some reason it will not burn to a cd? I was hoping to get a collection of these clips (complete movies) and burn them all to cd!!!!!
Please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious as mentioned I am a
newcomer.
Also which is the better quality Mpeg 1 or Mpeg 2 for dvd player.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for replies, When I have finished working on a pds file and then save as a movie clip (with the movie clip icon) for some reason it will not burn to a cd? I was hoping to get a collection of these clips (complete movies) and burn them all to cd!!!!!
Please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious as mentioned I am a
newcomer.
Also which is the better quality Mpeg 1 or Mpeg 2 for dvd player.

PD7. Options
Produce: this is where you render to a video file. Various formats are available and have different uses. Mpeg2 will create a DVD quality video file.
Create Disc: Creating a DVD with a clickable menu. Lots of choices.

If you ask me to show you a specific task I will either create a video (or direct you to one already made) or attach an image to an answer.

I have sent you a link to join already, here's another to look through:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/tag/pd7/

Dafydd
[Moderator]