Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Many Thanks................Pete.
Thanks for your replies, at the risk of sounding thick please let me go over a few points to see if I am on the right track.
Firstly I download the tape to Cyberlink, Let's say I download fifteen minuets worth, When this is added to the video track is it possible to cut at certain places and insert fades/ transitions etc. Also is it possible to repeat a part to have it appear more than once (as with the sinlge clips from hard drive its just a matter of dragging onto the video track as many times as one likes)
Hi All, at the moment I use a panasoniv SDR-H60 which has a hard drive
and downloads individual clips to my computer to be opened up with
PowerDirector and edited with fades, transitions ect. quite easily because of the individual clips. Now what happens with a camcorder that use's tape as per the Canon Xh-A1 (Mini Dv Tape) does it download as a continuos length? if so how do you get fades into it how are scenes moved about?
Hi all, I am thinking of buying a new camcorder, At the moment I have a hard drive model but the one I am looking to buy will be mini tape, possibly Canon XM2. At the moment when I load my hard drive down to PowerDirector I get the individual clips which I assemble into a full length film, how will this differ with tape? will I still be able to use all the editing aids IE fade's transitions,spliting of sound ect.
Is there anyway of rectifing the problem I have done a system restore to no avail I have also downloaded a free codec product but it comes with a load of rubbish.
Hi Adrian, Yes it has just happened!!!!
Hi All, all of a sudden when I try to play a dvd that I have just burned
with PD I get the following message...........
.........'Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD Decoder is not installed on your computer??
I dont know whats happened and how to sort it out.........Pete
Thanks Babdi, Sorted.................Pete.
Hello, Could someone please help me with the following message that I get when opening clips into PD.

Warning TV Format conflictYour project contains one or more video clips whose tv format is different from your preference setting.

CyberLink PowerDirector will convert the clips, But the resulting video quality may be degraded. It is highly recommended that you only use video clips with the same tv format in a project.

Now I have had these clips on my computer for ages all from the same camcorder and I have used the clips before without this message coming up. but recently my computer has come back from repair could this be the problem? And how do I rectify the problem?
....................Pete.
Hi all I have just had a major computer crash and had a new hard drive
installed, the film clips previously on my C drive are now on an external E drive so when I open up Power producer and the film clips that I had on Disk C no longer appear!!!! Just blank clips, is there anyway I can sort this out I hope someone can help me.
Hi, This is the information I get when I go onto my computers C drive
Used Space 55.829,692,416 bytes 51.9GB
Free Space 1,289,125,888 bytes 1.20GB
Disc Capacity 57,118,818,304 bytes 53GB

Hope this helps I am not that up on the workings of computers
Just get by knowing how to operate what I need to..............Pete.
Sorry I might be a bit slow but I still dont quite understand?
I have a Rewritable dvd 120 mins 4.7gb
The length of the film i want to burn is 33mins 2123mb
When I try to burn the disc I get a message on PowerDirector that says.
The size of the imported files exceeds the amount of available hard disc space. Free disc space 1228mb Please modify the export directory in the preference dialog. !!!
Hi All, I spend a lot of time editing a film and producing it the way that I want it, with fades,music etc.Only to find that it is to long to burn to disc. Is there a way of knowing the length of a film before burning to disc? or what is the standard length................Pete.
Hi all I am currently using Power Director with a Panasonic Camcorder
and I am thinking of upgrading my camera to a Panasonic AG-HMC151E
Will I still be able to use this software?
Hi all I have been using my Panasonic SDR-H60 with Power Director
for some time and now I am thinking of buying a new camcorder
My panasonic is a HardDrive and the models that I am looking at use tape,
like the Canon XM2. Can I use this type with my PowerDirector,and if so would there be any problem.
Jed, It may be a bit late for your project, but I had problems over a four week period trying sort the lip sync problem out untill someone suggested that I Produced the finished project and UNCHECK the SVRT3 box
Hey presto it worked. Lip sync perfect everytime.
Can a pds file be attached?
Dafydd, I want to send in a file as suggested and have your instructions, But cant find anything relating to them! Is it possible to attach a file as in an email?
As A Matter of interest, what would or should producing with the SVRT3 give me (apart from voice being out of sync)
Hi Dafydd, Thanks all sorted now.
See letting off steam.
EUREKA....... HALLELUJAH......
PRAISE THE LORD.........And thank you JL.
I unchecked the SVRT3 box as you suggested and hey presto,
after 4 weeks my movies are lip sync perfect.
How come customer support didn’t suggest this instead of saying it was because I was putting in transitions. Anyway thanks again JL.
Ever thought of getting a job with Cyberlink Support.

EUREKA....... HALLELUJAH......
PRAISE THE LORD.........And thank you JL.
I unchecked the SVRT3 box as you suggested and hey presto,
after 4 weeks my movies are lip sync perfect.
How come customer support didn’t suggest this instead of saying it was because I was putting in transitions. Anyway thanks again JL.
Ever thought of getting a job with Cyberlink.

Go to: