Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Do I Set Chapters?
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, I have about 5 films that I have saved in Production File,
When I open them again in PD7 can I now join them together with chapters 1 to 5 and would they show up on the TV as chapters (thumbnails) As per recordings of tv programs. If so how can I do it.
Many Thanks ..........Pete.
Arturo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 01:24 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete,

You should be able to join all 5 films together into one project. Before doing that, make sure you set the project's aspect ratio; you can use both 4x3 and 16x9 videos in the same project, but you need to set the project's aspect ratio initially. Drop all five films into the project timeline, do your editing and then set your chapters.

You can use static images or moving images as thumbnails. Simply select the image you want as thumbnails from your project timeline and click the option to set that as the thumbnail in the chapter creation menu. If you're using moving images, the thing to remember is that menu and chapter thumbnails are only a certain length so if your image is less than the duration of the menu/chapter thumbnails, it will jump to the next image and so on until the time is the duration of the menu/chapter thumbnails. I made this mistake in my first and only project so far since getting PD7 Ultra in June and I could have avoided that by picking the option not to use moving images.

Hope this helps.

Arturo