Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voice's Not In Sync!
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, I have just burnt a finshed project to DVD and on playing it back I have noticed that the voice's are out of sync when I play the pds file before burning it's ok. Can anyone help
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Update on this problem..... All clips are from Panasonic SDR-H60
And when I have arranged them as I want them I then play the completed movie and it's perfectley in sync. I then save to pds file and even then when I re-open it in Power Director it plays in sync.
But as soon as I burn to dvd it goes out of sync How can this be when audio and video are together in each clip!!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

You need to contact Customer Support. There are audio video sync issues mentioned on this forum BUT they relate to time-line issues and not burn to disc.

I have to direct you to CS first.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2008 13:25

ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Again I am still waiting for a reply from the online support, But meanwhile I have done some elimination checks
When I arrange clips, and burn to disc no problem.
When I arrange, and trim various clips and burn to disc no problem.
When I arrange trim and add fades to clips and burn to disc Then lips are out of sync. But not when I view as pds on my pc.
So it looks like the transitions are the problem!
Does this give anyone ideas to a cure, Please dont say leave the transitions out........Pete.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Peter - I do monitor the posts on the forum and I'm pleased you've done a follow up.

I have referred your report back to RD (Head) at CyberLink - getting the info to the right people.

If you can PM me your contact details (email and name) that might help.

Thanks

Dafydd
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all, I have just done another test,
This time I have produced a finished movie in .mpeg1 instead of .mpeg2
and the lip sync is perfect, But the picture quality is awful.
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Again,
I have gone futher with some elimination checks
and my findings are as follows....
When I arrange clips, and burn to disc and replay there is no lip sync problem.
When I arrange, and trim various clips and burn to disc again no lip sync problems.
When I arrange and trim various clips and then insert transition fades to clips and burn to disc Then there IS a lip sync problem. But not when I view as a pds file on my pc.
So it looks like the transitions are the problem!
Now to confuse things futher if I produce as .mpeg1 there are NO lip sync problems with any of the above actions but the quality is unnacceptable produce as .mpeg2 and the quality is perfect but out of sync!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the contact details Peter.

I'll be in touch.

Dafydd
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, Just an update of the lip sync problem.
To say I am dissapointed is an understatement.
Firstly the PowerDirector has everything that I require and easily obtained
but for the dreaded lip sync problem that will not go away,and with no remedial action from customer support.
So it seems that a refund is the only option.
Just to mention as a last ditch attempt to get the problem resolved
The pds file works fine with no sync problem, but as soon as it is saved via the produce and then played back even before burning the lip sync goes to pot.
What customer support said "It happens due to occupancy of transitions"
But this is not mentioned at the insert stage of a transition.
and anyway why make transitions available if they are going to interefere
with the production of a finished movie............Pete.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Peter,

I have had an email in from the Head of RD at CyberLink and the issue you have is under discussion. I'd like some data from you. I'm just waiting for some info from Customer Support and then I'll send you an email.

I'll pass your comments on the CS reaction to the Head of Customer Support.

The problem you have needs fixing.... for you to be video editing. If you look on the forum there is another user reporting the same difficulties.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/3621.page#13651
The data you provide will help you and others....

Dafydd
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, Just to clarify, The lip sync goes out even before burning takes place. It's after the SVRT3 part of the process that the lip sync goes.
But if produced as .MPEG1 again everything is ok?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 16:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Peter,

sorry for the late reply.

I have passed the information onto RD CyberLink.

are you willing to provide some media samples for them? If required.

warm regards

Dafydd
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, Thanks all sorted now.
See letting off steam.
EUREKA....... HALLELUJAH......
PRAISE THE LORD.........And thank you JL.
I unchecked the SVRT3 box as you suggested and hey presto,
after 4 weeks my movies are lip sync perfect.
How come customer support didn’t suggest this instead of saying it was because I was putting in transitions. Anyway thanks again JL.
Ever thought of getting a job with Cyberlink Support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2008 12:14

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Obviously one would like to get CL to fix the root of the problem with SVRT, I merely suggested an alternative for Peter to maybe get the production he desired and to potentially isolate the source of the lip sync issues.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Jeff, Your fix has been referred to RD at CyberLink.

Thank you Peter, it is good to know Jeff's work around functions and resolves the issue.

CL fix asap.... certainly, I fully agree.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2008 14:46

ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
As A Matter of interest, what would or should producing with the SVRT3 give me (apart from voice being out of sync)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Peter,

SVRT is a technology from CL that tries to recognize which portions of a movie clip need to be re-rendering during production. Bottom line, save produce time if you don't have to re-render everything.

You can view the rendering status by View > SVRT Information. Set production format and profile to format you plan to produce to and then update SVRT Info
pg120 of the PD7 users guide discusses SVRT is some detail, have a look.

Jeff