Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

My computer is aging and new computer prices are thru the roof! So I might be using this 'beast' for the next little while.

Right now

CPU: i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 2GB

16GB RAM
2TB HDD

It dated. But will all AI features work for me? Or be ignored.
Looking at the 2021 Dec updates.

Thoughts?

Thank,

Veepo
Hello,

Having some issues.

When I produce my video clip.

I can hear sound, and the titles show up, but the video is all black.
It is series of video clips, sound clips, and image (snapshots from the video)

We I do a preview render, it works. When I produce it, I get and error.
There are multiple effects, sound edits (via Audio Director)

If I close the project, and PD365, reload it. I can then produce it
(.mp4 at 480x480 h.264)

Error:

Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : C:\\Videos\Preview Cache Files\team0_006c72aa.mp4
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1617
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

(I saw this error thread, but it is from 2014: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/39338.page)

Running Windows 10, latest update.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Veepo
Hello!

I am trying to do some background removal with PhD 365.

I go into Edit, select Background remove and start.
It works fine when I use 'fit' as the zoom level, then start removing the background

However, when I zoom on the image (ie 200%) then use the Hand (pan) to move it to the area I want correct, it stays on the hand tool. It won't go back to the Brush Erase Tool. So I cannot edit out the missed areas.

(sorry, the screengrab did not capture the Hand)

Anyone else having this issue?

Or have a solution?

Thanks,

Veepo
Hello,

I have cropped section of music.

From within this crop I want to split it so I can manipulate different sections in the crop - can I do this?

Those little yellow 'handles' drive me insane.

Thanks,

Veepo
Hello,

I saw a thread about this from 2017 - can't have clickable links in 2021?
Or is there?

Is there a work around?

Thanks,

Veepo
Hello,

I have tasked with taking a 8khz .mp3 recording (a phone call) and resample it to 16khz.

A process is requiring a minimum 16khz recording - that is the reason.

Am I able to do this in Audio Director 365?

Also, I looked at some files - some say 8khz, other say other say 128 kbps.

I am trying to take an mp3 files and put it through Dragon Naturally Speaking but it error out - saying it needs 16kkhz or the file is invalid.

thoughts?
Hello,

Normall when I make a creation with PD I preview it with with eveything on the time line.

Today while trying to preview the audio and video started.

But the audio was very slow - as this was happening, the GPU went to 95%, it dropped, and then the audio went to normal speed.

It was still ahead of the audio, and it finished before the video did.

The video actually hangs....and while the gpu is close to zero, about mid way the cpu spikes to 100%

Then at the end, the gpu spikes, the video freezes, and the video finally completes, way before the audio.

When I produce the video - same issue - the music, video, timing is all off.

This has never happened before. Suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?

(render preview first?)

Thanks,
Good Day!

I have been loving Scene Detection and yes, my computer is a bit of dinosaur.
(i7-4th gen, 2GB vid card Nvidia, no CUDA circa 2014, 16GB RAM). I am open to mockery.

Looked at some new computers...FORGET IT...$6000 because of the chip shortage...Just insane.

I am trying to do a scene detect on a video (movie) that is over 2 hours long. It takes about 3 hours.

If I ever get a fantasy computer again...what would speed up Scene Detection?
(oh yeah, I am a gamer as well).

I assume Legacy Overlay has something to do with my GPU being old
The gpu jumps between 6-11%
Disk Activity, CPU - all low

Thoughts....?

Thanks,

V
Hello,

I have a long video clip that was previously loaded into PD365. I believe I used the pre cut fxn on it.

I started a new project, and upon loading it my HD went nuts and the fan get going on an off.

Checked the cput temp and it shoots up to 95 and stays there. This made me uncomfortable so I shut PD365 down

Before I did, I checked Task Manager and it was the PDHanumanSvr Application service and it said power usage was Very High
I read this service creates shadowfiles, but will it do that for all files, or just previously pre cut files? Can I load a file with out the pre cut again?

Another file I loaded same size, and previously pre cut - upon load it gets hot, but the fan does not go off. Strage.

Suggestions on what to do?
Oh Wow....

Yes, I had muliple pan/zooms....but man, total #READFAIL on my part. I totally did not see that!yell

Thank you so much for helping me...and my narrow vision!

Quote I'm a little confused. Obviously you can use Undo (Ctrl+Z) unless you've made a bunch of edits since setting the pan and zoom, but if you're working with a video clip, you'd use the Crop/Zoom/Pan tool.

Here's how to remove those edits:

If you're working with still images, then you'd actually use the Pan & Zoom tool and the process to remove the edits is almost identical:

Quote The best upscaler for the vhs video is probably the Topaz Video Enhance AI discussed in this thread: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84306.page#348552 .

Here is your snapshot upscaled to 4K using AI and color enhanced with an image program.

Wow Tomasc,

That is amazing!

Thank you for the assistance!
Hello,

I added a video clip to the timeline, then chose Pan/Zoom.

When done, I decided I did not want the Pan/Zoom. But there is no option to remove it like the FX (which has a '-' to remove it)

Help?

Thanks,

V
Hello,

I have video from 1989 taken in a basement using an old Pansonic VHS camera.

My friend convered it to .mp4 with some software...not sure what.

Bitrate 583.0 kbs
Res 640x480
H.264 AVC
Frame Rate 30
Progressive frame type

It is dark, and the resolution in 2021 is terrible. Sound is not bad.

Any suggestions on cleaning it up in 2021 with PD365

I looked at the Fix and Enhance...and there is the contrast, and brightness. It is a start, but I have a hard time telling if it is much better. Would LUTS work.

I have a snap of the video. Wondering if this kind of image can be cleaned up?

FYI - I just play around with PD. I am no where near professional. At all.

Anything else that would help?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

V
Hello,

When I move between edit effect...occasionally my AD will hang. I lose everything and have to start again.

I have a browser open and AD.
Is there any more info I can provide?

Others having this issue - and how did they correct it?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Z
Hello,

I chose the produce range option in PD365 - just the video clip where highlighted in yellow.
The sound track was much longer than the video and went on for an extra 5 minutes.
The video is track #1
The sound is on a separate track (2)

Video length 1minute 23 seconds
Audio length 5minutes 3 seconds

Produced range selected 1minute 23 seconds

Produced range completed total duration - 5minutes 3 seconds.

I thought it would be 1:23....

When I produced the range, it produced the yellow area selected, but then included ALL the music so the clip was much longer, then with just music and no video.

In the same clip, there was an area I wanted to keep to reuse. Same thing, I selected an area in produce range, produced it - but it produced the whole clip.

Is the clip function supposed to do this?

Am I doing something very wrong?

Maybe I don't understand produce range?

Thanks,

v
Quote You already wrote the answer.

The Media Room/Library is simply a place to see a collection of clips. You don't actually need to import clips to begin with because you can drag and drop clips from File Manager directly on the timeline and they'll automatically be added to the Media Room.

Interestingly, clips from the Downloaded folder aren't ever added to the Media Content section, probably because all those folders are treated as separate libraries.

Thanks (again) OptoData!

I usually don't have the downloaded folder open, I also have too many clips...thought it would just be easier to search for the clip in the PD downloaded media, drop n drag it to the media room.

But I have an answer!
Hello!

I downloaded a clip from iStock - and it goes to my Download section. How do I place it in my Media room or do I have to just drop it on a track to use?

Thanks,

V
Quote Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I'm trying to find some of my old posts that people answered so well. I've done a search of the topic (as I remember it) and my username but come up with nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

So if I am at the forum index, there is not way to see my old posts unless I create a new post then hit my profile?

Be nice if Cyberlink added it to my Profile as well (top bar)

Thoughts?
Hello,

I will try to describe this accurately....here we go. (If I am not making sense - please let me know)

I have a small clip and I want to make it loop so it sounds seamless. It is only 5 seconds

The issue is, there is always a silence at the beginning, then starts again.

I am not sure how to make the waveforms match.

Any suggestions?

I have attached the 1st waveform and last seconds waveform guessing this needs to be matched up.

While I understand it is really hard to see, is there a better view, marking, automatic process that can help me?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

V
Hello,

I am using the Blur Tool in PhD.

It blurs the area outside the circle. I want to blur the area inside the circle.

Any way to invert the blur?

Thanks,

V
Hello,

When I start a new PD365 session - I no longer see the Shutterstock/iStock option to get media.

I noticed the 'Hide in Library' option when you right click on the Premium Stock Content, but how do I get it back?

I LOVE the new content!!!

Thanks,

V
Go to: