Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
App search
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for an app that will automatically detect scenes and then allow me to save each scene WITHOUT rendering or producing. So far I have found apps that will allow me to save each scene but only after manually selecting each scene.
Thanks in advance,
Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not clear why you're looking for an app when PD has exactly what you're looking for. Dectect Scenes does the hard work for you in the Media Library, and you're then free to drag the clips you're interested in to the timeline. No producing needed.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not clear why you're looking for an app when PD has exactly what you're looking for. Dectect Scenes does the hard work for you in the Media Library, and you're then free to drag the clips you're interested in to the timeline. No producing needed.

I want to be able to save each detected scene as a seperate file without having to render or produce. Like I said I have found apps that allow me to split up a video file manually and save each without rendering... I am looking for the luxery of automatic detected scenes that I can use anywhere.. not just in PowerDirector.

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, but I guess I'm confused why you're asking about non-PD products in a PD forum.

If you have the right kind of source clips, you can use Detect Scenes and then produce each segment using SVRT. You won't lose any quality because SVRT basically copies the content to the new clip.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok, but I guess I'm confused why you're asking about non-PD products in a PD forum.

If you have the right kind of source clips, you can use Detect Scenes and then produce each segment using SVRT. You won't lose any quality because SVRT basically copies the content to the new clip.

What I am doing is taking older video captures (mainly from tape sources) and runing them through Topaz Video Enhance AI to improve the quality of these clips before editing them.... therefore I wish to avoid any rerendering to keep the video at the highest quality possible. That is why I want to be able to save the cut up clips without the rendering. I can cut the clips manually and then save without rendering... but that takes quite a lot of time in itself, as does the processing in Video Enhance AI. (Topaz only allows choosing one section of a clip, no being able to pick out more than one scene).

I tried my clips in Cyberlink and indeed it does a fantastic job detecting scenes, but they did not render in SVRT. Is there anyway to 'force' SVRT on a clip?

Thanks, Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2021 14:37

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the additional details. I also have the Topaz app and I understand what you're looking to do.

First, though, think about workflow. In my opinion, it make more sense to put together the full video,export it via SVRT and then run it through the upscaler.

It's possible that your souce clips (the original tape transfers) are SVRT-compatible, so try putting one of those clips on the timeline by itself and see if the SVRT track is active. If that works, then you'd be able to do all the editing on your source clips then feed the finished version to Topaz for upscaling.

Also, you can often create an SVRT-compatible output profile from the Profile Analyzer on the Produce page. Run the tool and see if anything viable comes up in the Intelligent SVRT panel.

I tried that with an MP4 clip made with the Artemis MP4 profile in the Video Enhance AI app, and I was able to have PD create an SVRT profile:

If that works for you, you're free to do everything in PD first then SVRT and upscale; or upscale all the individual clips then import them into PD and SVRT the final result
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have no experience with the Topaz Video Enhance but it sounds good as I used their Topaz Moment with dv-avi.

There is a way to force svrt with many different source files. In the past, found that checking allow svrt on a single...in the preferences work with both dv-avi, avchd, and other h.264 videos where only the transitions and added effects need to be rendered. I put with with the small glitches seen when using PDVD on my htpc to view on the hdtv. Very minor momentary glitches seen at the cut which is not at the keyframe. It may be fine with you too.

Today I do not accept this. No longer use that htpc that much as my tv is now 4k and the graphics card in it is 6 years old and don’t want to upgrade it. Use a high end sony BD player now that will stop with every little glitch or defect in a usb drive avchd folders or on a disc. The fix for me is to not use the svrt so aggressively.

You can try that svrt setting. Use the Alt-S on the timeline to check to see if svrt is now enabled on the enhanced TM Video clips..
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Edit: I see that optodata answewd first. Try his suggestion first in creating compliant video files without the need for added glitches.