Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how can put 2 photos of slightly different sizes next to each other and create a single photo that I can trim back to a rectangular dimension. I can't use the panorama feature as the photos are of different things. The composer option seems to only let me put it over the top not to the side.
Cheers.

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
You can only delete tracks that you have added.

The tracks that are there when you start a project can't be removed.
If you right click on a clip that has a video and audio component then you will see the option to link/unlink audio as you mention.

If you are seeing this greyed out it maybe you are trying to do so when there isn't one of those components.

Right click on an empty track to remove empty tracks.
The easiest way to have a solid black background is to place the title before the clip, the background will be black.

Alternatively, you could use a colourboard on a different track or have a pre-prepared black image that you could import straight from the title designer.

Personally, I would use one of the supplied scrolling titles and adjust that to my tastes.

You're right about the scroll wheel, you could put in a feature request for that in the rate and suggest option under the file menu.
I'm afraid no-one on here knows the answer to your question.

We are all users like you.

You can however, go to the file menu and put your request in the rate us & provide suggestions option
Your images have uploaded ok. There has been an issue with the forum attachments.

As a test, I reset my copy of PD365 & selected storyboard mode. This opened as it should.
I think there's an issue with the forum as I'm getting the same message from your attachment.

I've added it again, just in case.
Sticky refers to the posts at the very top of the forum, they are pinned there so that they stay at the top regardless of how many posts are added. See picture.

To see the version number, click on the PowerDirector logo in the right hand corner. That will bring up the about screen.
I have found that if you add an in marker before the unwanted out marker, you can delete the unwanted clip.
Quote Thank you all so much for your advice -and your patience!
So I understand that there is no alternative to packing the project.

But as the film is a project in progress - how can I make a backup on 2 hard drives when I add new footage (which happens often)? I don't want to pack it every time from scratch - it takes hours.
Any tips?

As PowerDirector doesn't affect these clips, you only need to "backup" this folder whenever you add new footage.

I think you should investigate a synchronise facility as has been mentioned to ensure these clips are duplicated elsewhere and set PowerDirector to auto backup at a frequent interval.

If these backups are also synchronised to a different location, then you would have a full backup of all your work, should the worst happen.
I think the OP was trying to automate that process. They have stated that they use pack materials but they are looking for a backup that would acheive the same thing.
You can open the project, but it will ask you where the clips are.

I have all mine on OneDrive which means I don't worry about this, but I appreciate that isn't for everybody.

There is probably some backup solution that works well for this scenario but PD doesn't have it.
There is a setting that will auto backup every 2-120 minutes. You can save whenever you want. I save after every change I make.

Packing the project is usually used to move the project about, though I can see a use for creating a copy in a safe place.

Remember that PowerDirector doesn't import your clips, the PDS file records all the changes and the locations of the clips. You should take the proper precautions of backing up the locations you are keeping your clips and othe media.
Quote No luck. I have sucessfully downloaded a file called 5.cdadj which is an image of a lady in drapes holding a flaming torch similar to the lady in the Columbia Movie trailer with a ring of stars around her. It currently resides in a folder I created separate to Powerdirector. My question is how and where do I put this file so that I can import it as a media file to be used in Powerdirector? This is frustrating the hell out of me as I can't seem to find instruction anywhere on what to do. The help menus in Powerdirector are rudimentary at best and really don't help at all as they dont provide enough detail. Any help appreciated.

This particular file is not a picture, but a video preset. You will find it in the fix & enhance menu on the toolbar and in Color Presets & CLUTS, in the section Downloaded Presets.
It does not matter where you put it, as long as it's on your computer, I always put them in my downloads folder.

As you have already stated, you double click and the item gets loaded into PowerDirector.

The item will appear in the room dedicated to that type. For example, if it's a PIP object it will be in the PIP room (Video Overlay (f5))

A wrinkle is, if your project is a different aspect ratio from the object (eg 16:9 and the object 9:16) then you won't see the object until you change your project to the same ratio.
Not that I'm aware of.
James

I just want to check where you're looking for these.

I ask because you won't find many of these under those names (the two title packs are, ie motion graphics & minimalist)

The LUTs are in the fix/enhance menu. the weather particle pack has it's own section, but the others will be scattered about, the various rooms.
Glad you got it sorted.
Yes, that is the way to install them.

It could be that you have the issue described in this thread.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64560.page#301011
Thanks Optodata, I obviously didn't think of that one!!!

Phil
Ok, I have been able to find that video on Shutterstock's website - https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1156141-plant-growing-soil---beginning-new-life

However, I cannot, no matter what searches I do, find it through PD. I have used the exact title used in Shutterstock and every combination that I can think of, and I can't find it. Maybe, you can try searching in PD yourself and see what you find.

Phil
Go to: