Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok, I have been able to find that video on Shutterstock's website - https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1156141-plant-growing-soil---beginning-new-life

However, I cannot, no matter what searches I do, find it through PD. I have used the exact title used in Shutterstock and every combination that I can think of, and I can't find it. Maybe, you can try searching in PD yourself and see what you find.

Phil
I did a search for "stock footage moving clouds and blue sky time lapse" it returned one result. I downloaded to PD. No watermark.

Is this the right one? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-NRpUiMT7XydoFChqt4AFvMUg2bcoWs/view?usp=sharing

I can't find the other one you mentioned (it's not possible to search for the file number).

Phil
Try some of the videos here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTeYTzfQq247MRQVcLlFGIXIW38lbNnT6 there are a number that cover the PIP designer.

As you were using Pan & Zoom to achieve the effects, you weren't using the PIP designer.

Personally, when I've been doing things such as this I tend to use the PIP designer.

Phil
I can confirm that you can add pan and zoom to other tracks.

I loosely recreated your clip, and applied the pan and zoom to the photo. I did this by clicking on it and applying pan and zoom from the tools menu.

Is this not your experience?

Phil
You may want to use Rate us & Provide Suggestions under the file menu to let Cyberlink be aware of your feedback/suggestions.

I can't speak to a lot of your points as they are things I don't really do. But a couple of points.

1. There are track names on the timeline and you can rename them as you wish. It's possible that you haven't expanded The leftmost section of the timeline to show the track titles.

2 PowerDirector has an apply to all function for this. Though I realise that's not the same.

8 You can change the height of any of the tracks as you want.

9 The End key on the keyboard will do this.

14 This can be turned off in the settings.
"What actually happens is:
- with the preferences/editing item cited un-selected:
in clip mode - allow to play to the end and the time marker stops there. Which is what the un-selected setting is saying, but that only happens if you play to the end of the clip. During play and before the end of clip, select the square stop icon and the time marker zips back to the start of clip, as it supposedly should if the preferences item was selected.
in movie mode - does exactly the same thing as clip mode, only back to start means back to the start of the whole project.

- when the preferences/editing item is selected
in clip mode - play to the end, and the marker zips back to the start. During play, select stop and the marker zips back to the start.
in movie mode - exactly the same result as in clip mode."

Yes, this is expected behaviour, and has been so in PowerDirector for as long as I have been using it (version 13 or 14 if memory serves.

"Stopping play with pause certainly works, but if you are looking to mark a spot for trimming with the time marker "stopped", then having it in pause seems likely to cause problems if one then trims the clip when it's all set to continue playing."

I'm not sure what issue you're anticipating here.

Here's my workflow.

1. Play clip or movie

2. Spot some required edit (title, subtitle etc)

3. Pause playback

4. Add a clip marker (this has an added advantage as I can add a note about the edit

5. Start playing again.

I can then use keyboard shortcuts to move from marker to marker and make the edits.
It's not in the template itself.

You add the title to the timeline and then apply the replace colour effect from the effects room (from NewBlue Video Essentials 6).
You can then choose the colour you wish to replace and the colour you want in it's place.

I just tried it, it's made easy in the case of these titles as the yellow they have used is in the colour pallette so you don't have to do a lot of work getting the shade right.
The setting you refer to governs the behaviour when the clip/movie is played and gets to the end. If the setting is ticked then when playing the preview the playhead will return to the beginning. It will not come into play when you press stop.

I must admit I have never thought about this issue as I only press stop when I want to play the clip/movie to play it and see if I think it's ready, if so I go on to the next section or produce. All the rest of the time I use pause and move the playhead around as needed.

I don't think there is any way around this behaviour. You could ask Cyberlink to add a setting which would allow this to happen, or maybe a slight alteration in your workflow might negate this annoyance.
This link has a comparison between the current version of MediaSuite (version 16) and previous versions. Bear in mind, the MediaSuite product appears to have versions of CyberLink products that are two versions behind the current ones,

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/cyberlink-media-suite-ultra/compare-versions_en_GB.html?affid=2581_1350_540

For instance, it has PowerDirector 16 and the current one is 18.

I would be surprised if you could get an upgrade from your version to 16 as typically they offer this from the previous 2 versions, but only CyberLink can tell you that for certain.

As to OEM versions, I can't say for certain as I don't have any Dell products, or used any OEM versions of CyberLink products. However, I read every post on these forums and users often complain about not being able to perform certain operations and that is because they have OEM versions. Again, you would need to ask Cyberlink or other Dell users.

So I would say install the ones you might want to use, for example, PowerDirector, to edit some videos. You can always remove them or just not use them if you are not interested.
For point 1. You probably know this, but you can do a voice only recording in the capture tab.

For point 2. I recently did my first voiceover for a video, I didn't get the issue you mention. But maybe that's me not noticing as I'm new to this aspect.
I may be wrong, but I think the OP is talking about using the 365 subscription to cover the mobile one.

I admit it's not clear.
Hi,

I tried a number of videos, including the rivers and marshes one mentioned above. All downloaded and installed with no issues.
You could just place the clip on the timeline and grab the end and drag it to the desired length. Or click on the clock on the toolbar and change the duration there.

Changing in the settings would be useful if every image you were going to add were that length.
You could use keyframes to bring one video forwards and the others back and out of the way?

Have a look at this, is it close to what you want?

https://youtu.be/IC1QzqVDNSs
They are full versions, with a few extra PIP, effects, titles etc.
Updates to 365 are handled through the application manager. The patches are for the lifetime versions.
Quote You actually can do that by using one of the color swap FX and dropping it directly onto the title

I used the NewBlue FX Color Swap (in the Essentials 2 pack) and you can also use the Replace Color FX (in the Style group) among others.

That's good to know. Thanks
It is not possible to change the colour of the yellow bars in the minimalist titles.

You could use the Rate us and provide suggestions option in the file menu to ask Cyberlink if they will consider changing this.
I think that you can do this with keyframes. Have a look at these video tutorials from JimIowa as I think this is along the lines of what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC1QzqVDNSs
I check the application manager soon after the start of the month to see what there is that's new. But I also get an email from Cyberlink.
Just another tip about the timeline. Hols Alt and turn the whell to scroll the timeline up & down
Go to: