Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to make rolling credits?
Floydian.Pulse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 09:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to use the Title Editor. How do I add a black background. Surprisingly, I don't see any way to add a one color background to the entire viewing area. I can add color behind the text or a bar going across the screen. The height of the bar can even be twice the height of the text. But I can't just add a black background to the entire thing?

How do you all make the text scroll? Do you use the motion effects? Do you use posiiton and keyframe? I thought position and keyframe would be good. But man, you can't even scroll the title preview up and down with the scroll wheel. I don't know, it's just so clunky. I wish there was a video about it, but surprisingly, there isn't.

I downloaded a credits title template from DirectorZone, and it looks good. But the entire program is running so slow when I open up the title designer. I mean so slow that it's unuseable. So I had to delete that title template.

I'm about ready to exercise the 30 day money back to be honest with ya.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest way to have a solid black background is to place the title before the clip, the background will be black.

Alternatively, you could use a colourboard on a different track or have a pre-prepared black image that you could import straight from the title designer.

Personally, I would use one of the supplied scrolling titles and adjust that to my tastes.

You're right about the scroll wheel, you could put in a feature request for that in the rate and suggest option under the file menu.
Floydian.Pulse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 09:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions Philwild.

There was only one scolling title that I saw included with the software. But it has a some fancy background and moving particles overlaid on it. I haven't tried editing that one. I did try editing one that I downloaded, which was much closer to what I needed, black bg with white text scrolling up. But the lag was significant. It reminded me of trying to play Doom 2 in the early 90's with an fps 1 to 5.

Anyways, I do appreciate the help!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The lag you're seeing is likely only present when previewing. You can try reducing your preview resolution a step or two or using Range Select markers then use Produce Range to convert the active title to a finished video clip.

You can also place a black color board on the timeline and put a standard title on the track below it like Philwild suggested. Set the title's starting effect (you must be in the Advanced tab of the Title Designer to see Effects) to Scroll Up or Slide Up and you should be all set.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2020 14:04

[Post New]
In all the movies I ever saw, the end credits scrolled over a black background. All I see offered in powerdirector 365's credit/scroll option is one scrolling template - a green background screen with particle clover effects. I find that one a bit gimmicky. Why is there not a simple text scroll option with a plain black background? Can one be found, downloaded, and imported into Powerdirector 365?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2021 00:07

Our purpose for existence is to learn...and to help out.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can one be found, downloaded, and imported into Powerdirector 365?

All you need to do is choose Scroll Up for the In Animation for any title. You have to click on the Advanced tab in the Title Designer to see the Animation options.