Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles - Feature Request
Eth00122 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2020 03:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Are there plans to add function to the 'subtitle room'?

I would very much like the option to add a customisable "back drop" to the subtitles text in the subtitle room in Power Director.

It will add to the artistic style on this function.

thank you for any response

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 19. 2020 05:34

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid no-one on here knows the answer to your question.

We are all users like you.

You can however, go to the file menu and put your request in the rate us & provide suggestions option
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eth00122 -

Why not just add a resized colour board or background image, as shown in the attached screenshot. Opacity is set to 55% on that one.

All you'd need to do is copy & paste it along the timeline, with maybe a bit of resizing.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR_Subtitle bg.jpg]
 Filename
PDR_Subtitle bg.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
299 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Eth00122 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Eth00122 -

Why not just add a resized colour board or background image, as shown in the attached screenshot. Opacity is set to 55% on that one.

All you'd need to do is copy & paste it along the timeline, with maybe a bit of resizing.

Cheers - Tony

I have thought of this work around.. but can be tedious and super time consuming in longer videos.

thanks heaps
Eth00122 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm afraid no-one on here knows the answer to your question.

We are all users like you.

You can however, go to the file menu and put your request in the rate us & provide suggestions option

Great i will do this.

tyvm