Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Startup Options
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
If I select Storyboard mode when starting PD18, it still starts in Full Mode. Is this a bug?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Something not right. By default, you always get the basic selection splash to pick an option. If however you select the "Always enter full mode" in the lower left corner of that splash you will always get full edit mode. Maybe try the "Reset" in pref and see if your behavior is corrected.

Jeff
BrianE [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Something not right. By default, you always get the basic selection splash to pick an option. If however you select the "Always enter full mode" in the lower left corner of that splash you will always get full edit mode. Maybe try the "Reset" in pref and see if your behavior is corrected.

Jeff

Just tried that, but it hasn't made any difference - I still get Full Mode even if I select Storyboard Mode.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just tried that, but it hasn't made any difference - I still get Full Mode even if I select Storyboard Mode.

Post a pic of the screen. A tab key will toggle between timeline mode and the storyboard mode, does that work?

Jeff
BrianE [Avatar]
[Post New]

Post a pic of the screen. A tab key will toggle between timeline mode and the storyboard mode, does that work?

Jeff

The tabe key does toggle between the two modes.
[Thumb - Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_44_09.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_44_09.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Subsequent Result
 Filesize
282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_43_55.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_43_55.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Initial Dialogue
 Filesize
333 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
BrianE [Avatar]
[Post New]

Jeff

The tabe key does toggle between the two modes.
 Filename
[Disk]
 Description
Initial Dialogue
 Filesize
333 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_44_09.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot - 15_08_2020 , 20_44_09.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Subsequent result
 Filesize
282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
BrianE [Avatar]
[Post New]

Jeff

The tab key does toggle between the two modes.

I tried twice to upload screenshots but I just get Gateway Timeout 504 (I think that's what it said).
 Filename
[Disk]
 Description
Initial Dialogue
 Filesize
333 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The tab key does toggle between the two modes.

I tried twice to upload screenshots but I just get Gateway Timeout 504 (I think that's what it said).

Yes, the forum has been having issues with attachments, java scripting errors, timeouts, non user invoked solved flagging,....for about a week for me. These issues often appear geographic related and happen periodically and never appear to get fully resolved. They are mitigated for a period of time and often resurface.

I've not seen that issue and my Storyboard mode functions correctly as set.

You might specify the exact version of your PD18 and perpetual or subscription license option and see if another user can replicate. Possibly a bug or user permission configuration as that setting is retained in windows registry.

Jeff
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Your images have uploaded ok. There has been an issue with the forum attachments.

As a test, I reset my copy of PD365 & selected storyboard mode. This opened as it should.
BrianE [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, the forum has been having issues with attachments, java scripting errors, timeouts, non user invoked solved flagging,....for about a week for me. These issues often appear geographic related and happen periodically and never appear to get fully resolved. They are mitigated for a period of time and often resurface.

I've not seen that issue and my Storyboard mode functions correctly as set.

You might specify the exact version of your PD18 and perpetual or subscription license option and see if another user can replicate. Possibly a bug or user permission configuration as that setting is retained in windows registry.

Jeff

The PowerDirector version is Ultimate, 10.0.2725.0 (64-bit). I have a perpetual licence.