Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing downloaded transitions, particles and effects
paddyhacker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2020 08:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys, Now I may be totally thick here, so please forgive me in advance.

I have iinstalled the demo of PD18 and have downloaded some particles from DZ site, but it doesn't explain how to install them - YT tutorials show that when you click on the downloaded file it should automatically install it to PD, but it doesn't, and double clicking on it causes Win10 to ask what to open it with. I have also tried copying the particles to C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Effects\Particle Effects but that doesn't have any effect either. Can someone explain in simple terms how I can get PD to recognise the new particles?
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that is the way to install them.

It could be that you have the issue described in this thread.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64560.page#301011
paddyhacker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that is the way to install them.

It could be that you have the issue described in this thread.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64560.page#301011

That was the problem, having checked the folders in both Program Files (x86) and Program Files as suggested .... it didn't exist anywhere on the pc but after some searching the forums found it wasn't just me and by luck i found an old post from 'ynotfish' with an attachment ... and it worked, so many thanks to you and ynotfish I'm sorted. Happy Editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26. 2020 14:07

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you got it sorted.
paddyhacker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Glad you got it sorted.

Thought I had ... the effects and transitions worked fine, but the .dzep files (expressprojects) and .dztr files still don't install. Is there another plug-in I need?
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not that I'm aware of.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thought I had ... the effects and transitions worked fine, but the .dzep files (expressprojects) and .dztr files still don't install. Is there another plug-in I need?

I'm not quite understanding this - .DZTR files are transitions, so how can they work fine and also not get installed?

Also, when you say transitions and express projects don't install, what happens when you double-click on them?

1. Nothing?

2. You get a Windows error statiing that it doesn't know how to open those kinds of files?

3. Confirmation message that they installed but you can't find them in PD?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Diri [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 28, 2020 20:04 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Firstly, I can't work out how to post a new question here so I hope this gets to someone.
When I download some free templates into a folder I have created and then double-click on them I get a msg saying the templates are installed and ready for use in Powerdirector but I can't seem to find them anywhere in Powerdirector. Is there a specific place where I need to place the templates for so that they appear in Powerdirector?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the Forum index. Click to choose one of the many Forums. The New Topic button is located in the top left of the selected forum.

Try this: Write on a piece of paper the name and type of templates you downloaded and the aspect ratio. In PD18 go to the media library room for the type of templates you downloaded, Particles, Motion Objects, etc. Look in the All templates. If you don’t see it then click on Downloaded and scroll. If you still don’t see it then change the aspect ratio of the project to match what you wrote down on paper and repeat the above.
Diri [Avatar]
[Post New]
No luck. I have sucessfully downloaded a file called 5.cdadj which is an image of a lady in drapes holding a flaming torch similar to the lady in the Columbia Movie trailer with a ring of stars around her. It currently resides in a folder I created separate to Powerdirector. My question is how and where do I put this file so that I can import it as a media file to be used in Powerdirector? This is frustrating the hell out of me as I can't seem to find instruction anywhere on what to do. The help menus in Powerdirector are rudimentary at best and really don't help at all as they dont provide enough detail. Any help appreciated.
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
It does not matter where you put it, as long as it's on your computer, I always put them in my downloads folder.

As you have already stated, you double click and the item gets loaded into PowerDirector.

The item will appear in the room dedicated to that type. For example, if it's a PIP object it will be in the PIP room (Video Overlay (f5))

A wrinkle is, if your project is a different aspect ratio from the object (eg 16:9 and the object 9:16) then you won't see the object until you change your project to the same ratio.
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No luck. I have sucessfully downloaded a file called 5.cdadj which is an image of a lady in drapes holding a flaming torch similar to the lady in the Columbia Movie trailer with a ring of stars around her. It currently resides in a folder I created separate to Powerdirector. My question is how and where do I put this file so that I can import it as a media file to be used in Powerdirector? This is frustrating the hell out of me as I can't seem to find instruction anywhere on what to do. The help menus in Powerdirector are rudimentary at best and really don't help at all as they dont provide enough detail. Any help appreciated.

This particular file is not a picture, but a video preset. You will find it in the fix & enhance menu on the toolbar and in Color Presets & CLUTS, in the section Downloaded Presets.
[Thumb - Ashampoo_Snap_29 July 2020_15h14m43s_001_.png]
 Filename
Ashampoo_Snap_29 July 2020_15h14m43s_001_.png
[Disk]
 Description
Presets
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That 5.cdaj is a Video Preset that you downloaded and installed in your first post. Open PD18. Put a video clip on the timeline. Hit the Fix/Enhance button above the timeline. Select the Color Presets & CLUTs on the left of the library. Click on the box labeled 5 or any of the other boxes to see the color change in the video on the preview screen.
paddyhacker [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm not quite understanding this - .DZTR files are transitions, so how can they work fine and also not get installed?

Also, when you say transitions and express projects don't install, what happens when you double-click on them?

1. Nothing?

2. You get a Windows error statiing that it doesn't know how to open those kinds of files?

3. Confirmation message that they installed but you can't find them in PD?

Hi - sorry - my error I think - I have some downloaded .dztr (transition), .dzep (express project) and .dzvc (video collage) files that show up in explorer with a plain icon, ie not linked to a specific installer - other transition files installed with no problem (they had an icon showing they were linked to PD installer) - All .dz files are linked to the PD installer as default.

My problem is that when I click or double click on the outstanding .dztr, dzep and .dzvc files they do nothing, they don't show any errors, nor seem to install and nothing shows up in the rooms. I've downloaded fresh copies on a different pc to see if the others were faulty, but get the same result ... nothing, no pc dings, no error message, no confirmation of installation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2020 16:18

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
My problem is that when I click or double click on the outstanding .dztr, dzep and .dzvc files they do nothing, they don't show any errors, nor seem to install and nothing shows up in the rooms. I've downloaded fresh copies on a different pc to see if the others were faulty, but get the same result ... nothing, no pc dings, no error message, no confirmation of installation.

Look in the Media Library. The installed transitions can be found in the Transition Room/Downloaded.

Check your Aspect Ratio and change it if necessary for:
Plugins/Express Projects
Plugins/Video Collage Designer/Downloaded

No confirmation message after double clicking on the DZ download could mean that you need to set up a file association. Using Windows File explorer, right mouse click on the downloaded file and click Open with... Effect Extractor should be chosen already. If not then click More Apps and browse to the right app.
paddyhacker [Avatar]
[Post New]

Look in the Media Library. The installed transitions can be found in the Transition Room/Downloaded.

Check your Aspect Ratio and change it if necessary for:
Plugins/Express Projects
Plugins/Video Collage Designer/Downloaded

No confirmation message after double clicking on the DZ download could mean that you need to set up a file association. Using Windows File explorer, right mouse click on the downloaded file and click Open with... Effect Extractor should be chosen already. If not then click More Apps and browse to the right app.

You will see on the image, the first file (!Pa.17510) will install fine, the others wouldn't ....but..... THEY DO NOW

I managed to find the only other link on here about EffectExtractor, downloaded and installed it, and with a little (a lot really) of messing about in different directories, finally realised why it wasn't working all this time ...

First, it wasn't the correct extractor version, secondly, there was no ENG language folder on the system, so there was no .dll for the file. After copying the downloaded .exe, .manifest, and language folder to their correct locations, a quick reboot and we're off

Many thanks to all who helped - I'll keep the downloaded file in case anyone else has the same problem

Happy bunny now .....
[Thumb - faulty effects.png]
 Filename
faulty effects.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jul 30. 2020 07:44

Diri [Avatar]
[Post New]

This particular file is not a picture, but a video preset. You will find it in the fix & enhance menu on the toolbar and in Color Presets & CLUTS, in the section Downloaded Presets.

Thanks for the help but I still couldn't find it anywhere in the fix and enhance menu. I then accidentally found it when I went to create a DVD disc of my production. It was among the presets for the menu type pages which preceed a video. Thanks again for help.