Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock watermark
kschmittgens [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 11:16 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Most of the videos that I have downloaded for my videos are fine, but one or two seem to retain the watermark. Is there a way around that?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you're talking about clips downloaded directly from the Shutterstock tool in PD, and that you didn't download from the web page preview that appears if you click on the "play" icon in PD. Those all have watermarks.

Can you share the names of the clips with watermarks here? You may also want to submit a support request deirectly to Clyberlink as they're the only people who can resolve this.
kschmittgens [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I assume you're talking about clips downloaded directly from the Shutterstock tool in PD, and that you didn't download from the web page preview that appears if you click on the "play" icon in PD. Those all have watermarks.

Can you share the names of the clips with watermarks here? You may also want to submit a support request deirectly to Clyberlink as they're the only people who can resolve this.

Yes, all of them were downloaded from within Power Director.

One of them says "stock footage moving clouds and blue sky time lapse"

The other is:
Cyberlink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\video\2596748.mov (actual name doesn't show up in my file but it is of seeds growing)

all the others work well.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I did a search for "stock footage moving clouds and blue sky time lapse" it returned one result. I downloaded to PD. No watermark.

Is this the right one? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-NRpUiMT7XydoFChqt4AFvMUg2bcoWs/view?usp=sharing

I can't find the other one you mentioned (it's not possible to search for the file number).

Phil
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
I have only seen a watermark when the asset is downloaded from the web page preview.

Shutterstock Download Includes Watermark Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
kschmittgens [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have only seen a watermark when the asset is downloaded from the web page preview.

Shutterstock Download Includes Watermark

The one shows in my produced movie while none of the others do. The other one showed when I added it to the timeline so I looked for something else similar and used that. It is weird that most work fine and those 2 don't.
kschmittgens [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did a search for "stock footage moving clouds and blue sky time lapse" it returned one result. I downloaded to PD. No watermark.

Is this the right one? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-NRpUiMT7XydoFChqt4AFvMUg2bcoWs/view?usp=sharing

I can't find the other one you mentioned (it's not possible to search for the file number).

Phil

The one I had was a daytime clouds and sky.

This is the one in my video. Hope this works, It is stock footage plant growing from soil beginning new life.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_BlCKBAAgmlhLwUO1NpZMrBP1shagXp/view?usp=sharing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2020 14:41

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I have been able to find that video on Shutterstock's website - https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1156141-plant-growing-soil---beginning-new-life

However, I cannot, no matter what searches I do, find it through PD. I have used the exact title used in Shutterstock and every combination that I can think of, and I can't find it. Maybe, you can try searching in PD yourself and see what you find.

Phil
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is the one in my video. Hope this works, It is stock footage plant growing from soil beginning new life.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_BlCKBAAgmlhLwUO1NpZMrBP1shagXp/view?usp=sharing

Ok I found it in PD by simply searching for "plant"

I just downloaded the clip and it has no watermark at all.

kschmittgens, can you confirm that your clip is called 1156141.mov (NOT .mp4, like your shared video is) and that its file size (as shown when right-clicking on it in PD's Media Library and choosing View Properties) is 500.38MB?

If either is not the same as mine, then somehow you ended up with the preview version on the webpage Philwild linked to, and you should delete the clip from your hard drive (right-click from the Media Library again) then search and download it from the PD tool.

If you've already used the watermarked clip on your timeline, drag the replacement clip directly onto the timeline clip and choose Replace and you should be all set.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2020 14:18

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Optodata, I obviously didn't think of that one!!!

Phil
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Optodata, I obviously didn't think of that one!!!

Why would you when you had the full title, and who would've ever believed that one word would do it? foot-in-mouth

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
kschmittgens [Avatar]
[Post New]

Why would you when you had the full title, and who would've ever believed that one word would do it? foot-in-mouth

I was searching "nature" and couldn't find it back. I will try "plant". Wonderful!!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Optodata you never cease to amaze me. smile Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.