Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vertical scrolling text title-Power Director 14
JimPerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2018 18:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Can this be done with PD 14? Seems so basic.

I am not a real power user, but can one upgrade (at some steep discount) to get features like this?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2020 14:05

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can this be done with PD 14? Seems so basic.

I am not a real power user, but can one upgrade (at some steep discount) to get features like this?

Hi,
Since I have PDR12, 14, 15, 16, and 365 I can't find out exactly what titles only come with whatever version of PDR14 you have.

However, open the Title room and look for Scroll. I have 5 title types listed as in the image attached, 2 of which are vertical scrolls.

Check if one of these does what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - PDR14 Vertical Scroll.jpg]
 Filename
PDR14 Vertical Scroll.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
360 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2020 10:27

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Just about any title can be used. Using Title designer one can choose the starting effect scroll up.
JimPerry [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Since I have PDR12, 14, 15, 16, and 365 I can't find out exactly what titles only come with whatever version of PDR14 you have.

However, open the Title room and look for Scroll. I have 5 title types listed as in the image attached, 2 of which are vertical scrolls.

Check if one of these does what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This what I see when I do what I think you requested.
[Thumb - Title Room PD14.PNG]
 Filename
Title Room PD14.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
JimPerry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just about any title can be used. Using Title designer one can choose the starting effect scroll up.

Where does one find Title Designer in PD14, please?
JimPerry [Avatar]
[Post New]

Where does one find Title Designer in PD14, please?

OK, I found Title Designer but why are things not intuitive? I downloaded a scroll template. The message says it is downloaded and ready to be used. But where the heck is it? When i click on Downloaded (2) I see nothing other than the attached.
[Thumb - Download.PNG]
 Filename
Download.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Where does one find Title Designer in PD14, please?

After you place a title on the timeline, a double click on that title should open Title Designer.

Thanks for the screenshot. Please read this sticky and post the exact build number of PD14 that you have. It looks like that you may have a limited or free oem version with only 6 titles. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=18607 . You should have at least 111 titles for the paid retail version. It may be that you forgot to install the content packs that come with PD14. You can always download what you want from the DirectorZone for free.
JimPerry [Avatar]
[Post New]

After you place a title on the timeline, a double click on that title should open Title Designer.

Thanks for the screenshot. Please read this sticky and post the exact build number of PD14 that you have. It looks like that you may have a limited or free oem version with only 6 titles. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=18607 . You should have at least 111 titles for the paid retail version. It may be that you forgot to install the content packs that come with PD14. You can always download what you want from the DirectorZone for free.

Thank you for your help. I'm a reasonably intelligent person. but technolgy certainly causes so much frustration for me.

I bought PD 14, so It's not the free version. I am so ignorant when it comes to this that I don't know what a "sticky" is or where i would find the build version. I looked at the CD that the program came on and see no build version. But ... it does appear the Content Pack was not installed, and now it is.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Sticky refers to the posts at the very top of the forum, they are pinned there so that they stay at the top regardless of how many posts are added. See picture.

To see the version number, click on the PowerDirector logo in the right hand corner. That will bring up the about screen.
[Thumb - Ashampoo_Snap_08 August 2020_07h15m04s_001_.png]
 Filename
Ashampoo_Snap_08 August 2020_07h15m04s_001_.png
[Disk]
 Description
Sticky posts
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JimPerry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sticky refers to the posts at the very top of the forum, they are pinned there so that they stay at the top regardless of how many posts are added. See picture.

To see the version number, click on the PowerDirector logo in the right hand corner. That will bring up the about screen.

Ok, this is what i see when I click on the blue words PowerDirector is the upper RH corner of my screen.

BTW, when I try to download what you had apparently attached it says it is not there, perhaps has been deleled.
[Thumb - PD 14.PNG]
 Filename
PD 14.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - PhilWild.PNG]
 Filename
PhilWild.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I think there's an issue with the forum as I'm getting the same message from your attachment.

I've added it again, just in case.
[Thumb - Ashampoo_Snap_08 August 2020_07h15m04s_001_.png]
 Filename
Ashampoo_Snap_08 August 2020_07h15m04s_001_.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think there's an issue with the forum as I'm getting the same message from your attachment.

I've added it again, just in case.

Hi,
@ tomasc - Thanks for the message.

looks like there is a problem with the .PNG files in this topic, don't know why. I'll notify the appropriate admin at CL but might not be fixed until after the weekend, unless it's something to do with routine maintenance that might correct itself.

I checked by removing my original .PNG and substituting a .JPG version and this seems to work, so it would seem to be confined to .PNG files at this time for whatever reason!

EDIT
Seems like the problem is a bit random. I've managed to download some but not others, and even my .JPG downloads, then doesn't, then does.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2020 10:37

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do