Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The black background of the titles are transparent. So if you put your video clip on track 1 and the title to track 2 or the title track, die text appears on top of your video clip.

Hatti

I thought that would be the case but when I did it , it showed as black background.

Or is that only in the timeline and preview ? Is it that once you produce it then it will show as text only ?
Quote Go to the title room and choose a title. Place it on the title track and modify it to your liking.

but I still want the video to show underneath...when I do it you see the text and a black background, I want the background to be the running video
I want to add text to appear on top of the video ...not insert it but have it as a layer that appears on top whilst the video is still running
Quote Hi will_s,

You're right about the Online/YouTube uploader in PDR - it goes back to the lowest resolution setting... unlike other parts of the Produce module. e.g. AVC H.264 MP4 opens with the most recent profile used.

That would be a good thing for the development team to consider.

Still - it's up to the user to check the upload details before hitting "Start" smile

When you use ANY of the Online Uploaders - YT, FB and the rest - your video will be uploaded as a WMV. That's the only option. If you want your videos to look good, I don't think that's a good option.

Have a look at these on YT. I used the trailer of Forza Motorsport 7 - thought it might appeal. The original video was 2.5K/1440p - 2560x1440. Both the produced files are 2560x1440, & both are set to play automatically in 1440p on YouTube.

This one is using the YouTube uploader (WMV) - produced file is 209MB 20Mbps & this one was uploaded directly (MP4) - produced file is 313MB 26Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

Sometimes you get lazy with so many programs using the last settings.

And iRacing is not that graphically pretty, its more focused on realistic
and upgraded to 16 ...dont really need it but

They still havent fixed my one gripe and that is when producing online it always defaults to facebook and at very low resolution

I see the Standard 2D has my last settings ( H.265 and 1920x1080 ) still in it but not for online.

And yes somehow the last vid got produced at very low resolution ...though I changed it but

at least it should be an option in the options ie. tick....use last settings
I use it to edit my car racing videos captured online and publish on google youtube

Now I use Shadowplay ( Nvidia Experience ) and capture at 60fps and 50 mbs bit rate. ( have a 1080ti ) ...capture is 2560x1440 ( screen resolution ). PC is i7 8700k with 32 meg ram

Now when I produce what are the best settings to use? At the moment I use H.265 ( MP4 )and produce at 2048x1080 and why I do not know . Are there betting settings to use ? In the setting is have FPS set at 60 to match Shadowplay

I didnt use fast video technology because it caused problems a few editions ago and have not bothered using it since then but will turn it on to see how it goes with new PC.
Quote I think it depends on what you do now vs what you can do with the new features. For instance, I add background audio to many of my projects. With 15 I had to adjust the audio manually when I wanted the main track to dominate and visa versa for the background audio. The audio ducking feature in 16 can do this. I like to film my sons sports and create action videos for him. 16 has a cool video collage feature that I can use for nice effects with action vids. Photo Director 9 that came with the upgrade has some nice new features that I can use as well. You can accomplish many of these things with older versions but with more manual effort. And thats not a bad thing because you learn new techinques and tricks along the way. But if you want the software to do all that then you have to determine how much time you will save by using new features that the upgrade provides. Or how will these features add to the quality of your project.

The three features I mentioned alone were worth the $70 to me because I use them. I dont do any 360 stuff and dont plan to so that capability is just that. A capability.

However I have seen some of the most amazing vids , clips, effects, title sequences, intros, etc created on much older versions of PD
It still comes down to your own creativity and skill level to use these tools to for maximum effect.

$70 wont make you a better editor but it will give you some extra tools to allow your creativity to expand.

Just my 3 cents.

had a look and about the only thing that interests me would be the audio as now and then I make "a track guide"

but looking at it I think PD17 looks the go for me
Quote: the thing is how much faster over the PD15 is it?

It may be worth looking at this post. Personally, rendering speed means very little to me. Now, rendering quality - that's a different thing.

Cheers - Tony

surprised the PD15 was a fraction faster

but like you prefer quality

anyway going to make an effort to understand things better
Quote will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?

The rendering (producing as CyberLink calls it..) speed in PD16 is WAY better than in PD15. In my tests (1080p and 4k) CyberLink PowerDirector 16 is the fastest video editor on the planet for those that use NVENC hardware encoding.

One hour of shadowplay source in 1080p/60fps/50Mbit is rendered in 4K in almost 40 min in PD16. If you go with 1080p to 1080p rendering than it could be a lot faster.

well I am just an amateur and the thing is how much faster over the PD15 is it ? Now if the same file you say took 40 mins took 42 minutes in PD15 then it really doesnt matter but if it was 10 minutes quicker then that would be nice.

Only just put PD15 back on my PC ( new build ) so missed the Black Friday deals even if it still showed on the site.

Is the visual quality any better ?

And different question...what is NVENC hardware encoding ?

I think I may start posting a lot more questions and annoying the hell out of people :

But the result is I amy get better at it......
Basically only use it to produce videos of online car racing that I capture using Nvidia Experience. I found the capture from previous versions of PD was below par. Would like to be able to add text like in this attempt a bit easier

basically that is what I use PD for so the question is will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?
Quote A good decision if it is your own.

so you are saying that 16 doesnt have anything that would necessitate an upgrade from 15 to 16?
Quote Hi wil_s -

Was the link you landed at part of the January sale? Did you apply a coupon code? It's February now, anyway.

I tried to find the bundle in your screenshot, but this was the closest I found ($US):

Cheers - Tony

Well maybe they should keep their website uptodate and when I looked I didnt see that mentioned

anyway....I doubt if there would be a big improvement so will save myself $70 and not buy it
I click to purchase a package and I get another pop down that has a combined and the other price is so much higher. Now have owned each version since PD11 ....... now after this unsatifactory attempt to show one price and to get ripped off with something else .... well not good enough

I would like an easier way to add text...........no fancy balloons or stuff ...Just adding text and in that dialogue box have a time for how long you want it to be displayed for when you insert it

So I type a 60 word description of something and I want to insert it for 15 seconds...I just want a simple box for this
Quote I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

So how do you add a soundtrack to a video and keep the one already there as background............?
You use separate audio tracks. You can have up to about 100 video and audio tracks in Powerdirector. If there is not enough tracks showing, you add more tracks.

PD will mix the audio tracks into one stereo or 5.1 channel audio depending on your settings.

ok..I thought it would do it but how do you do it ? I can have the edited video with sound.... and then have the other audio below it but how do you combine them , when I tried I lost the engine sound on the video
You need to post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

I think you have not Produced the video. Go to Produce on top of the PD interface and produce your video to AVC H.264 MP4.

MP4 is on the dropdown arrow below AVC H.264. Choose the resolution that is the closest to your Original video.

ok....thank you

Once you produce it works but at the moment the voice is to low to be heard clearly

But that is something else...............
You can do several things to increase the level of the voice, the first is to record the voice louder. The Second is to go into the Audio Mixing Room ( F9 ) and adjust the level of the voice.

well I can turn down the sound of the video ( cars ) and increase the voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfbQJzz8jQ

thats just mucking around.....mic isnt that good but I am also not that clear a speaker

thanks again
Quote I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

So how do you add a soundtrack to a video and keep the one already there as background............?
You use separate audio tracks. You can have up to about 100 video and audio tracks in Powerdirector. If there is not enough tracks showing, you add more tracks.

PD will mix the audio tracks into one stereo or 5.1 channel audio depending on your settings.

ok..I thought it would do it but how do you do it ? I can have the edited video with sound.... and then have the other audio below it but how do you combine them , when I tried I lost the engine sound on the video
You need to post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

I think you have not Produced the video. Go to Produce on top of the PD interface and produce your video to AVC H.264 MP4.

MP4 is on the dropdown arrow below AVC H.264. Choose the resolution that is the closest to your Original video.

ok....thank you

Once you produce it works but at the moment the voice is to low to be heard clearly

But that is something else...............

only a small thing but something that annoys the hell out of me.................I post youtube videos and only youtube videos and all at 1920x and every time I go to online I have to change to youtube and change to 1920 and change and chane

look, any intleiigent program would remember your last preferences and leave that on or even make it an option to use your last settings for posting online
I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

Quote After erasing the cache of Firefox, I can now download with the direct link....

Muy problem is solved....

just curious, does beta = not sure how safe it is ?

or if no problems better to wait for program to patch itself later
Quote Now the question, when upgrading previously the upgarde did not remove previous version. So does this version remove this version and all your projects ?
I've been using PD since version 8 and every 'upgrade' has always removed the old version as I recall. If you purchase the FULL version, that does not remove the old version and both can be on the same machine.

So far, Im disappointed in PD15 and PhD 8.

for some strange reason I have always ended up with both upgardes on my PC ie. last time ended up with PD13 and 14 but this time it did remove PD14

Not worried about PhotoD as I use GIMP...............

As for PD15 I use it for editing my screen captures in iRacing..........and what swung me was I wanted a better text editing feature and hopefully this has it
Go to: