Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not going to go with a sub for 365, instead going back to Ultimate 18 which I won. Now strangely in my Cyberlink Application Manager it shows Ultimate 16 and Ultimate 12 as well as 365 BUT does not show Ultimate 18? I can install Ultimate 16 from the Manager which is weird but as 18 is not there I cant install.

I have the original email for Ultimate 18 but the links don't work. May have the old Ultimate 18's files on my old PC but that is not working.

Have owned this product for over a decade but looks like I will be putting it to sleep unless I can somehow get Ultimate 18 back on. I only use it occasionally for making videos of my online iRacing and the cost of a renewed sub for 365 is to much

Any help or clues?
Quote Ok, when I set it to record a game "iRacing" it came up with an error message about 1440 being the max allowed. Has happened a few times but as my screen is 3440x1440 @120 it should work. So go to the "fullscreen" mode and use that. Its a pain and I shouldnt get that message.

As for sound, if I am using headphones in iRacing it doesn't record any sound. The only way to do this is to go to the Speakers icon on the taskbar and change the default setting to

"Speakers ( Logitech Pro X Wireless Gaming Headset)

Actually, the quality is better since I used previous versions but its a real pain to get working from my streamdeck and with the 1440p message and sound problems I don't think I will be buying this

I have a stream deck with alt + F9 as the rec key mapped in and if I am in the race sim "iRacing" I can just press a button on it and it will record using Geforce Experience

Ok, sound is a windows problem and have fixed it by installing speaker and headphone on the Streamdeck that change the Sound Source in Windows.
Quote I had a question similar to yours and contacted the support people at Cyberlink...they were very helpful and quick to respond. I'd ask just to make sure you don't run into any issues when you're making the move.

I did install on my other PC and then did a clean install of windows to remove all evidence :
Ok, when I set it to record a game "iRacing" it came up with an error message about 1440 being the max allowed. Has happened a few times but as my screen is 3440x1440 @120 it should work. So go to the "fullscreen" mode and use that. Its a pain and I shouldnt get that message.

As for sound, if I am using headphones in iRacing it doesn't record any sound. The only way to do this is to go to the Speakers icon on the taskbar and change the default setting to

"Speakers ( Logitech Pro X Wireless Gaming Headset)

Actually, the quality is better since I used previous versions but its a real pain to get working from my streamdeck and with the 1440p message and sound problems I don't think I will be buying this

I have a stream deck with alt + F9 as the rec key mapped in and if I am in the race sim "iRacing" I can just press a button on it and it will record using Geforce Experience
I have swapped my PCs around and would prefer having PD365 on this PC as this is where I now record my online racing. I don't do many videos at all and I could copy my recordings to an external drive and transfer it to my other computer but that is a pain.

Another solution is to dump 365 and go back to one of my older purchases ..... for what I use PD for I can't really see any differences
Well, Cyberlink can't connect to upload my video. This happened after the latest update which I installed.

But youtube is working fine, I can open and see videos and play videos but cyberlink wont connect

This would not be a question for Cyberlink it would be a question for GMAIL. search google for these words I am sure you will find your answer. "gmail setting to trust email"

I asked here because I am sure other users may have seen this happen and may have a solution
CyberLink PowerDirector was granted access to your Google Account...blah blah

If you didn’t grant access, someone else could be using your account.

Now I know this is youtube but surely there is a setting I can change somewhere that says its ok......its me and I am allowing Cyberlink to post youtube videos instead of getting this message everytime I upload a youtube video

Is there some setting in my Gmail settings that I can change to show cyberlink is "trusted
Have changed things around am now want to move Cyberlink to a different PC and also remove it from that PC.

Can this be done ?

Maybe your computer gets too hot? Or the power supply is not strong enough?
With video coding, every computer goes to the maximum of load.
Have you ever tried an other video editor?

Hatti

PC runs very cool. was actually using Core Temp to monitor and max temp was 60c, it has a 280 radiator and the case has 8 fans inclusing the radiator and the PSU is a Corsair 1000 gold certified with a i7 8700k cpu and 32 gig og 3200 memory

its either PD 16 or the recent lot of Windows updates

If I put PD 15 back on I will know if it works its PD16 and if it fails I know something with Windows does agree with Power Director
Quote Have you tried to produce locally and upload with the web uploader function?
And for Youtube, I had to confirm once that I am a good boy and the limit of 15 min per video fell.

Hatti

after that I tried just to produce locally and then upload away from Cyberlink but rendering failed

Its funny because now Nvidia shadowplay is working and I can use that to capture and the first time I tried it rendered the whole file but since then it wont let me do what I want.

Never had any problems like this with previous versions.........now this could be the Windows updates have diagreed with PD16 and may even disagree with PD15 and other previous versions ?

Am I allowed to put PD15 back on and keep PD 16 on the PC as well ?
Quote Hi,

I'm not sure of exactly what you are saying?

I think you need to be more specific on what you are actually doing and the precise steps you are taking to upload. It's difficult for members to help on the limited information you have provided.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

with youtube when the video is over 15 minutes it is to big for the free youtube and PD16 gives you a message that they can split the files

which means 2 uploads but the 2nd part didnt upload

and now when I try to just edit my file so the 2nd part is only there it doesnt work at all as it wont render the file ...its the problem I have had for weeks and the replies from Cybernonsupport have proved useless

Question: Can I uninstall PD16 and put PD 15 back on ? Will it cause problems as I upgraded from it to PD16 ?
Had a capture that was over 15 minutes ( I thought limit was 20 mins ) so when PD16 said it would split and load I accepted. Well first part uploaded but 2nd part failed. So tried again with this time using edit and only selecting the 2nd half but that had the usual fail after editing.

anyway, posted the following comment in those forums

Have done a good lap before but doing 3 in a row is a first.............sadly the 2nd part wouldnt upload using Cyberlink PD16, used to be a great bit of video software but has turned into a POS
Quote Having powerdirector doing your upload for you will just make you work harder in youtube. With in youtube if you go into your account panel of youtube click on CHANNEL and then UPLOAD defaults you will see many choices here. For example your description box you could have mostly filled out. Then your tags use quotes on 2 or more works in that box with a space to separate your keywords. When you do a manual upload by selecting upload and then just finding the file it will populate those boxes in your video as it uploads thru the browser.

its not the upload that is causing the problem, for some reason there is nothing there...it thinks there is nothing to render after I have trimmed the video. It seems to only happen if I rush things and drag the yellow posts that are the "mark in" or "mark out" indicators. That is where it fails even if it shows the correct portion of the video in the timeline after its trimmed. Sometimes you mark the portion but want to make adjustments and then it happens also.............the upload part in the title is not a problem and in hindsight shouldnt be there but I have found a lot of things out.

If I want it to work be sure to "mark in" only once and not move it or remark it later. Even multi trim will now work if I mark them and not adjust them ....I tried that late last night amd just marked in and marked out marked in and marked out marked in and marked out but once I hadmarked with the yellow posts I didnt adjust them and it worked. Now why does adjusting them cause things to screw up ?

Anyway I will now view the video carefully, note what parts and what time I want to trim and then enter the treim status and do it at where I want.
btw: have raised a ticket and its like banging ones head against a brick wall except you get more please from the brick wall

last reply and they called me Joseph
this is early but I think I have traced my problem to dragging the marker when I want to do a trim. Its a 15 minutes clip and I know the lap I want is near the back so I drag ( using the mouse ) the "Mark in" yellow maker to about 11 minutes into the video and then drag the mark out to about the 14 minute mark

edit: btw, sorry about been rude and not saying thankyou previously so thanks for your input
Quote again:

Try to produce the clip and don't make an upload to youtube from PD. Ist the produced clip ok? Try H.264 and H.265.

and:

Try an other clip, not a screen capture.

Hatti

I use H265 and it always worked. The videos in question when i looked in the folder are there but they are all blank when you play them, they show the correct time for the length of the video . Its not the upload to youtube that is the problem but somehow it has to do with trimming the video. I can do the whole 15 minutes and it produces but if I try to trim then it just does a blank one. Actually it wont even let me do a multi trim and its doing strange things even in single trim. Yet when I did a 90 second at the start of the 15 minute video it worked. Did the 15 minyte produce and it was rendering when it locked up my PC ...had it in quiet mode and it must have got quite hot ( overclocked to 4.9 )

So it wont produce the trim version but will produce the full clip. Now I can use the PDRecorder 16 and save it as MP4 and that should work and then just put that on youtube manually.

But I shouldnt have to do this.....there is something wrong with PD16 ? going to try a lot of different things to see what is going on
Quote Which program do you use for capturing the game? The reason of that questiuon: Some capturing programs produce a video with variable framerate, which is very awful for every editor. That can cause problems.
And your video capture was done with ScreenRecorder by Cyberlink, and you uploaded it to youtube. That seemed to work...

PD produces the clip prior to uploading to youtube. Is the clip ok?

Try to produce the clip and don't make an upload to youtube from PD. Ist the produced clip ok? Try H.264 and H.265.

Hatti

am using the Cyberlink Recording Program that comes with PD16 ...CyberLink ScreenRecorder 16

Used to use the Geforce Experience ShadowPlay but the in game overlay wont work now.

Its not the upload that is the problem, it is not doing the Rendering................the rendering for the Video of the error took just under 3 minutes but as can be seen in the end the rendering took no time...it didnt do it

and on the last page where it shows the rendering it shows the full video when I look at it

Something is wrong

I tried to upload again and thought I would do a video capture of it . Now the attempted VIR youtube failed but the capture of the "failing" worked and uploaded. Only difference was I trimmed a lot of the VIR video.

No codecs installed........just did a clean install on Windows beginning of last month
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, once I trimmed the front part and posted and it worked but when I trimmed another part it failed.

and had Cyber Link 16 Recorder set to WMV

and I did a reinstall of PD16

have 16.02816.0

Does it fail with every clip?
Did you try to reinstall?
Which Desktop recording program? File format?
Codec pack installed? (e.g. K-lite)

In the upper left corner, there is the PD logo. click it. A dialog opens. There you can see the patchlevel. See screenshots.

Do it. Good luck.

Hatti

" alt="youtube videos failing" id="__mcenew" />
Go to: